Don't stop moving!!!

Good day all. I can not run to the corner without heaving but my goal is to be as fit as I possibly can be! About 5 years ago, I was on 4 liters of oxygen at rest and 8 liters while exercising. A year later, I took myself off oxygen (I couldn't afford it/no insurance). My doctor has now put me back on it but at sleep only. I'll probably need it to exercise as well but won't know until I start Pulmonary Rehab.

Moral of my story: I will continue to fight and I will not let my Interstitial Lung Disease rule me!!! I will rule it!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's a challenge and a half but you are right to want to be as fit as you can. Keep fighting - you seem to be in charge.🙏🏼

• Thanks. It all depends on my perception, my will power, and (yes, LASTLY) my lungs!

• A lot to overcome but your positive spirit is just what you need. All the best☺

• Thank you. Same to you as well.

• Wow, you are amazing. To have such ill health and to mentally be so strong is a feat of strength and determination. Huge well done.

• Thank you. It sounds wonderful on paper but in reality, it is extremely hard. I work at it every day. Some days it's staying focused on what I put in my body (nutritionally) or simple stretching with breathing exercises! My fiance always tells me anything beats a blank!!

You may also like...