I want to give any asthmatics and newbies too who may suffer with wheeziness. Apologies as it's very simple but I'm very much learning still so I would appreciate any other tips you have too.
I am an asthmatic, very allergic to animals of the furry kind ( except panthers) and a hayfever sufferer. When I started C25k my breathing was horrific.
So I've managed once again to use up my blue inhaler so I knew I had to go out without my usual fix. I was quite wheezy but thankfully not really bad. I've been reading a lot about breathing and remedies and this is what I did:
1. As I ran I listened to relaxing music to feel calm
2. There are triggers on my run which I worry about ( a really steep bit of hill, road section which is busy etc), I made myself very focussed on not letting them get to me, by slowing up, relaxing my shoulders and breathing
3. When I could feel the wheeze worsening I visualised the tubes in my lungs widening up and letting the air in
4. I focussed on deep breathing right into my tummy
5. At one point a crazy dog went for me ( I don't like dogs) and I immediately started wheezing, but I stopped, did all of the above and off I went again ( why can't people train their dogs properly?!!)
My goodness all of that worked brilliantly, it makes me realise so much of my asthma is stress triggered. I ended up going a bit further on a new route, and to top it all my HR was also decidedly less than usual. I'm posting my Strava stats in the pic so you can see. I hope these tips may help, do you have any?