Graduated! Still a lot to learn

Graduated! Still a lot to learn

So I completed week 9 run 3 last night. In 30 degrees!!!

I set off at what I thought was a reasonable pace but the last part I just started to crumble in the heat and slowed right down. I was convinced it would be a very short run due to how slow I was finishing. Map my run gave me a nice surprise at the end though.

Now I have finished c25k I think I will use the voice feedback on map my run so I can run with a better overall pace!

Oh well. Main thing is. I did it!!!

14 Replies

• Wow! A perfect score! That's so fast especially in this heat so a huge well done and congratulations to you. What are your plans next?

Don't forget to ask for your badge by clicking on the link on the right here.

• Not sure what to do next.

Should I keep running 30 mins for now and see if I can improve on distance or should I keep running 5km and see if I can improve on time?

I think I'm tempted to stick with 30 minutes for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

• Many Congratulations to you David !

Blimey that is a speedy pace , even more impressive in this weather . Well done to you !

I would carry on doing the 30 minutes 3 times a week for the time being , just to get you used to running for 30 minutes at a time .

Well done again xxx

• Thank you!

Ok, 30 minute runs for a few weeks then I will reassess I think.

Still can't get my head round ME running for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Madness! What an achievement!

• It is a brilliant achievement David , and one you should be very proud of !

Congratulations Graduate ! :-) xxx

• Listen to the wise ones... :) Stick at the thirty mins.. or less if you feel like it :) Run for pleasure, run for joy, run for the sheer, because you can, of it.. then start the next phase of your next running journey :)

It is truly amazing, where ever and however you travel your path :)

• As the others have said just keep doing 30 minutes. No pressure, just you and the big outdoors. Heaven!

• Well done :)

• Congratulations 😊3k runs are ☺ good too, especially when it's really warm

• Congratulations! Graduation and 5k all in one go!

Hope you are feeling really proud of yourself.

• ... and ran it brilliantly! Huge congratulations... Graduate! :)

• Oh well done that is brilliant and so good you hit 5k !! Impressive and encouraging for those of us on the way

• Congratulations David: a 30min 5k spot on to the second. I've never seen anyone report that before. Very well done, Laura would be proud of you :) :) :)

• That is a pretty perfect graduation!! Congratulations!!

You may also like...