Couch to 5K

Graduated! Still a lot to learn

Graduated! Still a lot to learn

So I completed week 9 run 3 last night. In 30 degrees!!!

I set off at what I thought was a reasonable pace but the last part I just started to crumble in the heat and slowed right down. I was convinced it would be a very short run due to how slow I was finishing. Map my run gave me a nice surprise at the end though.

Now I have finished c25k I think I will use the voice feedback on map my run so I can run with a better overall pace!

Oh well. Main thing is. I did it!!!

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! A perfect score! That's so fast especially in this heat so a huge well done and congratulations to you. What are your plans next?

Don't forget to ask for your badge by clicking on the link on the right here.

2 likes

Not sure what to do next.

Should I keep running 30 mins for now and see if I can improve on distance or should I keep running 5km and see if I can improve on time?

I think I'm tempted to stick with 30 minutes for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

1 like

Many Congratulations to you David !

Blimey that is a speedy pace , even more impressive in this weather . Well done to you !

I would carry on doing the 30 minutes 3 times a week for the time being , just to get you used to running for 30 minutes at a time .

Well done again xxx

2 likes

Thank you!

Ok, 30 minute runs for a few weeks then I will reassess I think.

Still can't get my head round ME running for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Madness! What an achievement!

1 like

It is a brilliant achievement David , and one you should be very proud of !

Congratulations Graduate ! :-) xxx

1 like

Listen to the wise ones... :) Stick at the thirty mins.. or less if you feel like it :) Run for pleasure, run for joy, run for the sheer, because you can, of it.. then start the next phase of your next running journey :)

It is truly amazing, where ever and however you travel your path :)

As the others have said just keep doing 30 minutes. No pressure, just you and the big outdoors. Heaven!

Well done :)

1 like

Congratulations 😊3k runs are ☺ good too, especially when it's really warm

Congratulations! Graduation and 5k all in one go!

Hope you are feeling really proud of yourself.

... and ran it brilliantly! Huge congratulations... Graduate! :)

Oh well done that is brilliant and so good you hit 5k !! Impressive and encouraging for those of us on the way

Congratulations David: a 30min 5k spot on to the second. I've never seen anyone report that before. Very well done, Laura would be proud of you :) :) :)

That is a pretty perfect graduation!! Congratulations!!

You may also like...