Oxford Half Marathon

Oxford Half Marathon

I did it. I am still on cloud 9 and wanting to tell everyone I see .... the bunnies are getting pretty bored hearing about it.

My garmin time was 3:08:02, my official chip time 3:17:20 - personally I am going with my garmin time. I stopped half way as a couple asked me which ME Charity I was running for as they were members of the local group and asked to take my photo which is why there is the large time difference.

I ran the first 5k continually and then I dropped to my 8 minute 1 minute walk intervals it wasn't until around 8 miles that the running intervals got shorted and the walking a little longer as my ankle was starting to really hurt.

Amazingly I wasn't even last, not that would have mattered to me.

Leading up to the day it was touch and go as to if I was even going to be able to compete. I hadn't run since my last training run two weeks before as I had been feeling a little under the weather than bam the week before I was losing my voice, complete with mild temperature and generally feeling really rough and then on the Saturday I started to get period cramps and erm lets just put it politely and say an upset tummy.

But I made it to the start line and it was amazing.

I am still recovering, tired, but I am so proud of myself.

From the first small steps of C25k to a half marathon who would have ever thought it was possible.

15 Replies

• Brilliant Spoonie !

Love the hair and nails, absolutely fabulous :-)

Well done on a fantastic achievement , Cor the bling is HUGE - Love it !

Hope youre feeling much better now xxx

• Yay, that is wonderful, Spoonie!

Sounds like great tactics, and I agree with PP, the matching hair and nails look great. As does the bling.

Well done you!

• That's amazing, especially with everything else you had going on too.

• Yay! & whoop whoop! Well done Spoonie, amazing achievement especially given all the things you've endured. Love the pic! x :-)

• Yay spoonie! What a star! Well done you, love a bit of colour missus, can't be doing with grey! Big hug!

• Great effort Spoonie and that bling weighs a ton doesn't it?

• Well done! Wasn't it a great day? And isn't that medal gorgeous? Much respect for pushing through with it!

• Massive congratulations. Such an amazing achievement. Love the medal!

• Well done Spoonie. Good to see you back here and doing so amazingly 👍😄

• Good job - well done!!

• That's brilliant spoonie! What an achievement and a great photo and medal!Fantastic! :)

• Well done, what a star!

• Wow Spoonie, that's just brilliant. Well done :) Have to say, you're looking absolutely fantastic- no one would think you'd just run a HM!! This girl can and did!! x

• I know! It's mad innit! We're doing it though. It just shows what our bodies are in fact capable of when we give em a shove

Well done Spoons! Lovely medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Well done Spooning, you've overcome a lot and done fantastically!

I don't blame you for still feeling elated

😀🏃 xx

You may also like...