Park run Saturday

I thought I would share with you Saturday's park run . I ran with Peter who was on his 50 th run . I usually run the first half with him then go on , but Saturday thought it would be nice to finish together , so all our group were cheering him on,

we had a group of teenagers from windle valley runners about 20 all wearing green tops and L plates. Running their first park run after completing the C25k programme with the club. It was great to see the camaraderie amongst them . They all had different paces and run past me easily on the first lap but two were behind me and they were taking it steady , all of them completed the run and were cheered and clapped at the finish post, it was great to see all those smiling faces . On the last run in its a bit uphill they had a Marshall with a placard with keep going CAKE on , and girls along the route with Pom poms doing a little routine , what a fabulous morning , what a brilliant programme C25K is , it's an introduction to a whole new healthier way of life , and park run a great way of getting every body motivated .

4 Replies

• That sounds wonderful! How great to get a new generation up on their feet and running. I wish I had found this years ago!

• Well done Eve, Parkrun is such a blast isn't it.

Speaking of cake, I did a run on Sunday, and afterwards went in search of post run cake only to my horror to find THERE WAS NONE LEFT! I nearly cried. Ten mile run and no cake at the end. I made my husband run into the nearest shop and he came out with a large granola fruity flapjack. It was the sweetest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Good though!

It is indeed an introduction to a healthier way of life (cake aside) and being well-motivated is everything! It does make you mentally tougher as well as physically stronger.

• Well done and congratulations to peter!! And all those new c25k runners.. sounds like a brilliant day :)

• Sounds fabulous eve, well done supporting all those new runners!

You may also like...