Week 8 run 2 completed but may need to ice ankle

I completed run 2 today, found it a bit of a struggle unsure whether it's because I've only had one day off since May 23rd or whether it's because I walked/run a half marathon then did run 3 of week 7 , then run 1 of week 8 and run 2 of week 8 all in the last 6 days and I pushed myself too hard as lower ankle, behind knee and calf area all aching and feel tight. Going to have a good soak now as up 5:45am for another 14 hour shift.... May rest 3-4 days as I've come so far and don't want to ruin my gritted teeth effort to get here....

Apart from ice on calf/ankle what else should I use, should I buy an ankle support as on feet all day as work on the wards.

Any tips greatly appreciated X

7 Replies

• Rest & RICE!!!

• What is RICE

• What is RICE

• Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation ... 4 tips to healing sore muscles etc. I feel your pain, long days on the ward don't help anyone's healing! Rest up!

• RICE... although rest for you is probably a rare thing with your job :)

Take it steady as you can, then when you head out...really slow and steady :)x

• In my humble opinion it sounds like you are trying to push your body too much too quickly. If I understand correctly you have done too much in addition to your demanding job. I would take it slowly and RICE as others have suggested. You need your body parts in good working order for all your life and the running programme is not a race....listen to your body.

• I agree with novice. You are a very,very new runner. Give yourself a break...... literally. From the newbie with three years running under his belt.

You may also like...