W9r2, dodgy ankle... frustrating!!!

Just come in, I've stretched, and been icing my ankle. Think I'll have to take a few days off!! Hard run today , along the cliff, around a little loop to the whalebones and then down to the prom and back. Running in a crosswind , I kept having to stop to catch my breath and walk a bit, but I did add an extra 5 mins on the end. Does it count as a r2???? But when I measured the distance it was 4.29 km which is much further than I've ever gone before, I be only ever managed just over 3 km, so I'm happy.Ii didn't take Laura and I missed her, and I must remember to drink plenty before I go out, it might prevent the stitch that was starting this morning.

Advice welcome!!☺

8 Replies

• It counts! Brilliant.. well done you!

Keep tending that ankle.. so close now, do not take risks! Run 3...whenever you're ready!

Are the whalebones a discarded corset or a sculpture? :)

• Whalebones at Whitby?

• Yes!!!😀but I don't live in town, just fancied a run by the sea on my say off, which proved to be much harder than I was expecting, I really missed Laura, and should have had some water before I set off.

• Don't give the town council ideas!! I like the idea of a sculptural corset adorning the cliff top in our historic northern town , well known for two giant whalebones which are the jaw bones of a whale and a very lively Goth scene, featuring a lot of people wear corsets as outerwear!!! 🐳💀(Now with a bit of research you can work out where I live...ish)

• Oh Greylady1 ! I am so envious of you! It is my absolute dream to live there , you are soooo lucky .

I am from Leeds originally and have been to visit loads of times, its one of my favourite places in the whole world xxx

• Whitby?????

• Yes, I was going to insert a photo but can't seem to upload bone from the galley on my tablet. Good place to live!!! But not always easy to find running routes as it's very hilly!!!

• Bit like round here.. : But stunning!

You may also like...