W2 R1 done - off and running again after a week off :-)

Feeling so chuffed - after a frustrating week off I started on Week 2 today - managed all the runs, went really slow and apart from my calves aching which I think is normal at my level of fitness and weight (?), felt no pain. Gave my support team and running companions (husband and border collie) a high five at the end and remembered my stretches.

Wow! I did six 90 second runs today and I feel over the moon - I can and will do this - bring on Wednesday.

Small steps (haha literally) but so happy :-)

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done lady :) I'm just back from w2 r3. Feeling very proud of myself but a bit daunted about stepping it up again for w3.... Haven't found many people at the same place as me, (lots of 5k graduates!) so I will look forward to hearing how you get on!

• Well done you. That week 3 does look daunting but hey we can do this. Good luck and keep posting :-)

• Positivity that's what I needed!!

• Hi- I'm also on week 2 (run 3 tomorrow) so about the same. I got to week 5 a few months ago before injuring my calf and needing nine weeks off and then returning to the start. I know I found the jumps hard each week but doable so have confidence I'll get there if my leg holds up. Good luck for week three!!

• Brilliant - sounds like it's going well!

• Well done you can do it xx

• Well done πŸ‘

• Well done!! I'm on W3R1 and done 2 mins running at a time was hard but such a buzz! That was Saturday was going out today but the weather was terrible so won't go till Wednesday now (little ones bday tomorrow so going to enjoy cake and pizza all day!) so pleased to find others at the same stage 😊

• Small steps are the way, and keep it slow and steady too. Well done you, you are on the way and looking good! :)

• Good on you Kate, keep going your posts are very motivational to me :-)

• Well Done!!

I've struggled a bit too - I've been leaving 2 rest days between runs and it seems to be working finished W2 R3 last night- feeling fantastic!!

I'm not sure whether to repeat week 2 just to be sure, week 3 look tough!

You may also like...