Another 5K with the deer

So Greg Boyd (an American preacher) and I did the first half and then me and various Pop bands from the 80s came along.

I tried with a new gadget (https://healthunlocked.com/couchto5k/posts/133711162/gadget-mpow-seals-bluetooth-earphones) which was fun.

The run was great - similar to last run. In fact, looking at the stats (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1214206090) it was exactly the same calorie count :-).

I also think my Monday run's heart rate was suspiciously low as I spent 53% of this run in Z5 as opposed to the much more desirable, but utterly fictional 60% in Z3 :-). I can dream.

I did meet two other runners, one who was running at a slightly faster pace than me but kept stopping to take photos of the glorious Bradgate Park so we played a bit of leap frog, and a very lithe boxer/martial artist who I had seen shadow boxing under a tree earlier. The only way I was going to pass him was if he lay down for an hour or so :-).

Oh, and the river that runs through the park had burst its banks which was quite nice - the sound of the pretty fast moving river was nice. Stepping onto a piece of grass and then sinking in an inch of water - not so much.

I do like nature though, it is so bountiful and provides all our needs. Like the flying bit of protein I inhaled through my nose, or the one that i gagged on after it hit the back of my throat. Lovely.

Anyway, another day, another 5K.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh, I also did a sprint for the last few meters. I thought it was really fast at 29K/hr and think I could have eked out a couple more K/hr. Then I realise that Usain Bolt does 44K/hr. That's almost exactly half as fast as my top speed again!

Humbling.

Mind you, if he was in his 40s and weighed ~20 stone I bet......he would still run rings around me :-).

• Nice one fella, you're up to 11K already this week I see.

Lately I've been listening to healthynomics podcasts as I run, it's a series of talks on nutrition. I'm quite enjoying it actually. I was even thinking of downloading a talking book for my long runs.

• Ah the flies...one of the joys of summer running!

• Well done Yatesy , you're getting the mileage on those legs .

It's all good :-) xxx

• Great run, young man!

It sound like my sort of run....apart from...errr....the distance..... and the speed... :) Brilliant.

PS

I know I have asked previously... but when do you move to a bigger property to house your gadgets....? :) :)

• Funny you should ask as we are in the process of moving house :-).

• Oops! Hope it goes well.. we moved this time last year! The joys!!!!

You may also like...