Legs on a Go Slow... is it the weather???

Well, running was going OK up until a couple of weeks ago and then my legs and lungs decided to complain every time I went out. The only thing that has really changed is that the weather is a bit hot & humid and I've done a few more runs (but nothing excessive). Went out this morning at 6:00 whilst it was a bit cooler and my 5k was still a bit "pants" with loads of walking breaks!

Anyone else finding it really tough in this weather?? I've decided to have a break from running until the weekend to see if a few days recovery will help.

Happy running folks :-)

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yep, same problem. Keep having to stop for walking breaks and I'm horribly slow. Bit frustrated actually. Did have one good run yesterday morning, but the last 4 to 5 have not been brilliant. Blame it on the weather!

• Humidity just seems to suck the life out of us. Go out later in the evening, it's wonderful ๐Ÿ˜Š I would still try and run your normal programme. Post 9.00 pm the streets are quieter, fewer kids on bikes and scooters etc โ˜บ

• I can't walk comfortably in the heat and haven't attempted to run before 21:00 to make sure the sun has no strength.

Loads of people round here are still out running 10am-2pm and I just don't 'get it'!

I think a few days rest would be beneficial.

I also think there's probably a bit of post-grad fatigue. Trying to take some shorter runs may hopefully also help getting on top of walk breaks. They are often still from the mental aspect rather than physical x

• I'm a graduate and been running 5k 3 times a week. Last night I did 3. No air and legs were like "nopenopenopenope" bring on winter!!

• Hay fever and humidity are hard work!!!

• I think it's the humidity that's the killer - can't seem to get any oxygen!

You're not alone.

• Glad it's not just me then!! I was getting a bit despondent after a few really good runs.

Think I'll give my legs a couple of days to recover and then choose the times I run very carefully which will probably be before 7am or after 7pm.

• I just posted something similar as I hadn't seen this! I just couldn't move this morning!

• Yes, I saw your post... glad its not just me suffering at the moment!! :-)

You may also like...