Go for it!!

I have really struggled with these last few days with the weather getting darker...so much so I have put off my morning running till the evening...then I have all manner of excuses not to..

So this morning I knew I had to go early as my on call started at 8...I could see from my bed that there was no light coming through the curtains at 6 and I just wanted to go back to sleeping panther mode.

However I reminded myself how good it makes me feel, how disappointed I would be if I didn't and that I can't go later as on call still...

So I got out, it was beautiful, all nice and crisp with the promise of Autumn lingering in the air. Not many cars abut so I could run on the road as its flatter. I saw a dog...no owner..bit scared as I was in the middle of nowhere...I had visions of a crazy man leaping out at me..I have a vivid imagination!!

I also decided to take water as I think I suffer due to dehydration as I don't generally take it.

Anyway 10k in 1 hour and 5 minutes, not beating my PB but that wasn't my intention, it just felt great to get back to panthering again.... so I would encourage you all to Go For it...the darker weather is not going to beat us!!

Happy Saturday everone and happy panthering

Ju

XXX

Last edited by

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done for staying motivated and fitting it in for an 8am start and a good time too - well on track for your HM. i have to say when walking the dogs this morning - there was a distinct chill in the air - brrr. Been thinking about the hydration - but I don't like running with a bottle - so considering my options.

Happy running:-)

• Thankyou... And yes wasn't it lovely this morning...I think you can get something called a camel ( not the toe!!) which holds water in a back pack?? That might be an idea??

• Ha - v amusing- I had forgotten about the camel (not toe) back pack - will investigate! Way behind you a the moment - up to about 6k - but still progressing :-)

• I ran with a cheap knock of version of a camelbak while in Serbia, rubbed my neck something chronic, but would have been in trouble without it (and the 2 bottles I was carrying) due to the heat. It depends on the distance and the heat, but you might find the bum bags with a water bottle carrier built in is better.

• Lovely story JuJu - well done for getting out there and showing them who's da boss innit?!! I cannot for the life of my understand how anyone can run 10K like you did today. How do you mentally get past the "5K is my limit" barrier? But I bet you felt good afterwards right?

I'm not looking forward to running in the dark cold mornings. It will be a new experience for me so I might have to buy new NEON running gear with flashing lights! Now THERE'S a thought.....

• Thankyou!!

I think the dark times will be good, we have to give it an uplifting edge... For me, a head torch which is fun to flash at cars and grumpy types, dances whenever I want as no one can see... being more aware of our senses as to what's about , in true panther style...

I'm sticking with my trusty ( kinder to the fugure) black avec a bit of panther accessorisations... flashing collar and cuffs should nail it...

As for the 10k I give myself milestones... Church, downhill to get breath back, halfway silky Steve lets me walk for a minute... Etc Then I just think of my poached eggs waiting to make me run home!!!

Sorry that was a bit long winded but I'm at the hairdressers and I'm bored stiff so I'm having fun blogging !!

• Phew - all credit for running in the dark, and so early. While I realise you have to be in black while in panther mode I hope you also have a good reflective fluorescent top or jacket for the roads - there are some loony drivers out there...

10k first thing on a Saturday morning - what a great start to the weekend. :)

• Thank you Landesman... And yes you are right ... And ut was great to get out there!!

A good excuse to go shopping for new stuff!! I hope you are ok??

• I'm fine, thanks - just on the running couch at the moment :( healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

• I have switched from mornings to evenings again. Can't seem to make my mind up. Running with a bottle is ok but it can be a tad annoying.

Glad silky Steve is still with you. Hope the haircut was a good as you wanted

• Gosh, well done on another successful run. I love Autumn its my favorite time of year. i love breathing in the cold crisp air that catches at the back of your throat. Looking forward to frosty morning runs.

• Well done Juicy for getting out there when you'd prefer to stay cosy in bed. It's a great attitude, that will stand you in good stead for the dark times ahead!

I'm with you on the water too as I don't take it and will from now on as starting to get headaches on long runs.

You may also like...