My First Medal

My First Medal

Just had the most amazing morning at Pretty Muddy Race for Life- I've never entered a race or won a medal for anything before - I'm feeling quite emotional at the moment! Can't believe that at nearly 62 I was able to complete this! Thankyou Couch to 5k and all you encouraging folk on this forum- I don't post very often but I faithfully read your posts every day- that can sometimes be the difference between me going for a run as opposed to staying in bed!!! Already thinking about my next challenge!

42 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Ahh, well done, Naughty.

Good to see you really wearing that mud (and bling!) with pride.

• Thanks Dunder2004

• Great pic, well done

• Thanks Slow_Rob

• Congratulations! Great photo too - you look fab for 62..all those mud face packs I guess? πŸ˜‰!

• Hehe, thanks Sandraj39 - it was much cheaper than a spa treatment and the session lasted much longer!!!'πŸ˜‚

• Wow... Mucky, Muddy and Marvellous ! Well done :)

• Thanks Oldfloss- it certainly was!!

• You look great! :)

• Well done x

• Thanks Sammully!

• Looks lovely and you look really happy. What a fun thing to do!

• Thanks JaySeeSkinny it was mega!!

• Ooh well done you mucky pup! You clearly enjoyed it. We never really grow up do we?

• Hehe! Thanks Ullyrunner- I usually hate mud but this was so fun!!πŸ˜‚

• Looking good NaughtyNanna, that's a great achievement. Looks like good fun too :)

• Thanks AncientMum - yes it was great!

• Amazing well

Done!!!

• Thanks Tombenoly!

• Brilliant Nanna !

Well done and you look fab , mud n'all ! :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppypug- I did have my makeup on too!!!πŸ’„πŸ˜‚

• Ha ha ! :-)

Plus mud pack - Brilliant ! :-) xxx

• Wow, impressive well done! Did you do any special training?

• Thanks skyesue16! I did do a course in mud management!!! Seriously- I run 3 times a week but changed one of those to a country park to get used to trail running- I'm usually a pavement person. I'm going to try 30-20-10 to improve my speed, Juicyju's recommended it- I've only tried it once and it's really hard!!!

• Love it- frame it!

• Good idea Digger74!!πŸ˜‚

• Looking good. Congratulations. Looks like fun was hadx

• Thanks TheHack- it was great fun!πŸ˜€

• Great photo! Looks like fun 😊

• Thanks Lavender1962- it certainly was!!πŸ˜‚

• well done! And no way you look your age, you don't look old enough to be a nanna!

• Thanks heavyhorse -maybe I should start wearing mud instead of makeup!!! #mudhidesthewrinkles πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Great picture Nanna, you look like you really enjoyed it. It looks so much like fun.... And well done

• Thanks nhs2015 - it was mega!!πŸ˜€

• So... basically it is a run with a free spa beauty treatment included; that sounds interesting! :D

And surely you look amazing after the mud bath!

• Hehe! Secan- yes you got it in 1! We did get a freebie Champneys body scrub and lotion at the end too so it was a luxury spa treatment!!!

• Looks like you've been lying down in the mud! Do they have showers there or do you get to travel home in your muddy glory? I agree with everyone else - you look fabulous and you don't look your age.

• Thanks boptillyoudrop49 !! No showers!!! We washed our hands and changed our shoes - the car was a bit of a mess- we put bin bags over the seats but that didn't work!! Me and the car are all clean again now!!!πŸƒπŸšΏπŸš™πŸšΏπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I love this picture! The look of happiness and pride on your face says it all :)

• Thanks cathalicious!πŸ˜€

• Ha ha, how did you keep your specs clean? well done, you'll be buzzing for ages on that one xx

• Thanks Curlygurly2! Don't quite know how I managed the specs!!! They were only a bit splashed- I had more problems with them steaming up!!!!! πŸ€“#steamcleaned???

You may also like...