Week 9 Run 1 done (slowly) but I loved it

Really enjoyed this run: the weather was nice - not too hot and there were loads of dog walkers, cyclists and runners to say hi to.

I've been adding another path / loop to my route each week to make it long enough. Today, I added one of the loops in the other direction and it felt completely different!

I was really slow, getting overtaken by a runner who didn't look as though she was putting much effort in! However, I know I'm speeding up slightly, and for the last few runs I've been able to do a mini sprint for the last minute, so I know I'll be able to work on speed later.

This programme is so amazing - can't believe I've got this far!

3 Replies

• Well done. My first daylight run in the park saw me happily trotting along feeling good, when some svelte gazelle type woman with a bouncy gait flew past me at high speed, making me feel like an elephant in flipflops. Reality checks hurt a little, but as you say, you're getting better all the time. Just focus on feeling smug when you overtake a tree or something. :-)

• You should be very proud! I've just come back from my W9R1 run too and lots of fast walking dog walkers out there (that's what I'm telling myself anyway!).

• Slow is fine... it is the new fast! :)

You are getting there and after Graduation, you can choose what to work on next... even running backwards.. ( you would need to read my post on that :))

I am working on my speed currently and really having fun!

Great to have that bit of extra in your tank... you are so nearly there... amazing :)

You may also like...