Finally after 8 weeks to Christmas, then a month of not running, got back on track in February. Today was week 9 run 3. I did it!! To all of you out there struggling, that was me.....30 mins was the "wall" for me but I persisted and finally last week broke that mental barrier. In fact this morning on my last run I did 32 mins....I am very slow so my next target is to run for 5 km which will probably take me until Christmas but its not a race or a competition and I must be fitter than I was 😄😄

7 Replies

• Well done. I have just done my graduation run too. Its a very sunny day all round

• Congratulations to you too!

• Very well done Mrspebblepot (like your name!). You deserve a medal for perseverance - fantastic achievement. You will reach 5k when it is right for you. All the best.

• Well done. It was worth all the hard work.

• That's brilliant :) persistance does pay off. Treat yourself to something nice and enjoy the freedom of choosing how far and how fast you want to run. Well done!

• Well done! Brilliant for sticking it out and now you've graduated! Enjoy your new running freedom.

• Mrs Pebble Pot: Hope you did a victory dance on the corpse of that 30 minutes!!

Well done, and if you're not fitter than you were you must have been fit before :-)

You may also like...