13th park run would it be unlucky -- No

My 13th park run at Woodley this morning would it be unlucky? Apparently not, my first park run in my new Brooks shoes, conditions; chilly; drizzle rain; slippery underfoot on the grass but all combined to a new PB of 27:08 which is 11s faster than my previous PB and I was first in my age group VM60-64. Very happy 🏃🏃😊🏃.

I also met ariday a fellow C25K and forum member who was marshalling today so very pleased to meet up.

Last edited by

12 Replies

• Wow! That is a super speedy time! You must be so chuffed! Well done😀

• Thanks SJ39 yes very pleased. I didn't set out with the intention of doing a PB I normally start quick and then slow down in the last couple of k's so today I was concentrating on keeping a consistent pace which obviously worked.

• That's a fantastic time, well done! I'm still trying to get my legs to move quicker! I'm always about 15th in my age group, out of 16, ha ha 😄

Love park run though!

• Thanks Madge50 its doing park runs that have improved my times. Just running with others gives me an extra push, I hope the same happens to you at your park runs and you see your times improve.

• Can't imagine ever getting that time, well done!

• You never know tj, park runs spur me on it may happen to you just keep on believing

• Those are great stats! Seriously well done for your PB and being first in your age category. A fab way to start the day!

• Thanks IP I did check in case I was the only one in my age group, relieved to see a couple of others there so I can claim my first place legitimately

• Brilliant ! Well done that is an amazing time , flippin' awesome ! :-) xxx

• Thanks PP I keep on amazing myself even I don't believe it sometimes

• Well done! Good job it weren't on Friday then! lol

• Great time!

You may also like...