13th park run would it be unlucky -- No

My 13th park run at Woodley this morning would it be unlucky? Apparently not, my first park run in my new Brooks shoes, conditions; chilly; drizzle rain; slippery underfoot on the grass but all combined to a new PB of 27:08 which is 11s faster than my previous PB and I was first in my age group VM60-64. Very happy πŸƒπŸƒπŸ˜ŠπŸƒ.

I also met ariday a fellow C25K and forum member who was marshalling today so very pleased to meet up.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Wow! That is a super speedy time! You must be so chuffed! Well doneπŸ˜€

• Thanks SJ39 yes very pleased. I didn't set out with the intention of doing a PB I normally start quick and then slow down in the last couple of k's so today I was concentrating on keeping a consistent pace which obviously worked.

• That's a fantastic time, well done! I'm still trying to get my legs to move quicker! I'm always about 15th in my age group, out of 16, ha ha πŸ˜„

Love park run though!

Mx

• Thanks Madge50 its doing park runs that have improved my times. Just running with others gives me an extra push, I hope the same happens to you at your park runs and you see your times improve.

• Can't imagine ever getting that time, well done!

• You never know tj, park runs spur me on it may happen to you just keep on believing

• Those are great stats! Seriously well done for your PB and being first in your age category. A fab way to start the day!

• Thanks IP I did check in case I was the only one in my age group, relieved to see a couple of others there so I can claim my first place legitimately

• Brilliant ! Well done that is an amazing time , flippin' awesome ! :-) xxx

• Thanks PP I keep on amazing myself even I don't believe it sometimes

• Well done! Good job it weren't on Friday then! lol

• Great time!

You may also like...