New challenge towards 10K

It was as if I am dreaming. Two years ago I met a man jogging and he said that he run 10K twice a week, and I was very surprised thinking that is impossible for me.

After i graduate C25K, I have done the week 9 run twice and now I have started the 10k training which is really great and I am on the second week which means I did W10 Run 2 Yesterday and I run for 8 KM that is amazing progress for me.

Running starting to be my life and I can feel how fit I am getting

Thanks for all of you who encouraged me.

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am also entering a 5K running race on the 6th of September 2015 to show my support to the people who are suffering from the heart problem. I am targeting to raise a fund to the amount £100 any donation will be so important and helpful even £1 is great.

Please do donate following the link below. All the fund is going to the Heart research UK and will help to children with a heart problem.

virginmoneygiving.com/MuluB...

for information please visit

heartresearch.org.uk/events...

• Congratulations on your new target :) I funnily posted today about working towards 10K but am following my own plan which seems to be working ! When is your 10K ?Good luck with your progress

• Thanks Golddust!

The plan is to run for 6 consecutive weeks after graduate from C25Kwhich is

1st- week if you are starting from scratch but if you are joining after graduate from C25K you can start from 9th week

1st- week (9th week from 10K) 10 min run 1 min walk to repeat 4 times

2nd week(10th week from 10K) 15min run 1 min walk to repeat 3 times

3rd week (11th week of 10K) 17 min run 1 min walk to repeat 3 times

4th week (12th week of 10K) 18 min run and 1 min walk repeat three times

5th week (13th to 10K) 25 minutes run 1 min walk repeat 2 times

6th week( 14th to 10K) 60 min run

all requires warm up and cool down of 5 min brisk walk

so I am on the 2nd week which means i am only 4 weeks away

thanks again

• Hi Mulux.

Is this 10k a programme or podcast or something like that, or just a routine you follow?

I suppose I'm asking if there is a downloadable podcast a la Laura, as I have got on so well with C25K and I am nearing graduation.

Thanks.

• Hi Idolitorus.

It sounds like the app I downloaded. Bridge to 10k - bluefin inc.

Hope that helps

Julesx

• It is a 10k App you can download for free from apple store or play store

• Ah shame I don't have an IPhone but as you have kindly listed what I have to do I will follow that ! Thank you :)

• It is also available from android

• Do you know what it is called my running phone is an Android my usual phone is a windows phone not good for aps but excellent at reading and sending texts through my car so has its uses ! x

• I'm going to try that thank you is it a podcast ?

• There are dropbox links to both the blue fin 10K and the Sami Murphy one here in the pinned posts. I think they are the same or very similar, the music is different on each. You could also download a programme from myasics. xx

• Thank you I will find the links sounds like a perfect way to get to 10k and I am really up for it starting tonight ! x

• It is an app here is the link

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/10k...

• Sami Murphy is a blast! My fave running podcast of all time

I love Cheap Trick "Surrender" It makes me laugh and helps pull me round

Good luck with your 10 k quests folks. 10 k is a fab distance to nail

• Tried the first one 10 mins x 4 tonight wasn't too bad as have been running for 35 mins regularly but I am really sweating now and it was cooler tonight so must have worked harder ;) I am really looking forward to the challenge :)

• Great work!

It seems that lowering the performance from the 30 minute (35 min in your case) to 4 times 10 minutes run but the walking interval between is just one min and helps a lot for the next coming challenges.

I would stick to eat you will do 15 min three times soon then 22 min twice, you will feel the different.

It works for me

• I decided 10 mins wasn't really enough so did the 15 mins last night really happy with that did 7.16km !! :) How often do you run these? ;)

• Well done! Ridingstar

I run three times a week On Monday, Wednesday and Friday

I also do park run on Saturday to see how my performance is improved.

If you did the 15 minute three times having a day rest in between, the next is 17 min interval for three days a week then ....

that is great Keep it up you are really doing well

• Wow that's a lot of running I need the rest days to keep my knees happy ! I will have to do it a bit slower so I can do a park run as well. So I will have to do each week over 8/9 days ;) I love having structure back in my running :) :)

You may also like...