Feel good, as fought the inner demons that said not to bother, and went out for my next session tonight.

Raining and grey, but now feel a sense of achievement. Tilley (my dog) enjoyed herself, and getting used to the 'hands free' lead I bought recently, which is great along the road bits. Got a puppy at home (who can't go out into the big wide world yet, as hasn't finished her course of injections) hopefully when she's older she'll be out with us too :)

10 Replies

• Some Summer!

Good that you've kept yourself on track.

I'm hoping to test out my knee on Friday with a week1 test run then up the stakes if that goes well.

All these positive posts are keeping me raring to go,

Hope it's not raining on Friday!

• Yep, fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine, planning my run 3 Friday...see you there!

• Good on you for fighting those demons and getting out there. I've had several days when I just didn't feel like setting a foot outside the door, but I've generally gone anyway, and often felt way better for doing so. You'll soon be at week three - let's hope Tilley can keep up with you as you progress!

• Our pace seems quite suited...slow! Tilley's 10, and trots along happily expect puppy (Juno) will be the speedy one in a few months!

• Well done for getting out there. I've just got back from week 3 run 1. I've been lucky with the weather so far!

• We can do a virtual run together, good luck with rest of the week :)

• Well done you. Hands Free lead??? I'm intrigued 😃

• Like a belt round waist, and lead clips onto it, so dog attached but I can run with both arms free which feels nicer. Unfortunately she doesn't pull me up hills...I need to work on that!

• So fun to read your same day/same week experiences! Go you!!!!

• Well done you for keeping going! I think Laura is right on the podcasts when she says often it's a mental struggle rather than a physical one to keep going :-)

You may also like...