My first 5k

I graduated two days ago and decided to try my first 5k this morning. I was prepared that as my pace is slow it may take some time to get there (30 minutes of running were a challange just a couple days ago). Meanwhile depite some rain, windy weather and bad mood I finished it in 46 minutes. My first long run, and my first PB. So so happy :) :) :) .

15 Replies

• Tremendous! Very well done. The first of many 5ks :)

• Well done ! That's fantastic.

• Brilliant - well done! I graduated a few weeks ago and even now can't imagine running for 46 minutes, though I'm sure I'll get there in the end :-)

• Fantastic 💥, well done!

• Yay - you ran for ages AND covered 5k

Well done :)

• Well done - a real milestone!

• That's a good 16 extra minutes of guts on top of the 30 you do for Week 9. Well done.

• Wow, that is wonderful. You should be proud!

The increase from 30 minutes to 46 is quite a lot, so you may feel a bit knackered the next couple of days. If you, just take it easy and bask in the glow of your achievement.

• Just adding my congratulations as well. Still working towards the day when I graduate and love to see those who make it as it motivates me and no doubt others as well.

• Well done! That's excellent - and similar to my 5k time. You deserve to be really proud of yourself. :-)

• Well done you!!! Keep it up and bask in the glow of your achievement -go for it!! 😄👟

• Well done ! The first of many, I'm sure 😊😊

• Fabulous! That's a country mile away from the weekly 10% increase, you should be massively proud of yourself.

Isn't it amazing that having a goal of any description really works when you focus on achieving it?

• Well done you - the first of many 5K's. Enjoy !! :-)

• That's fab, your first 5k and first PB! Here's to many more of both xx

You may also like...