Couch to 5K
55,099 members87,650 posts

My first 5k

Hello,

I graduated two days ago and decided to try my first 5k this morning. I was prepared that as my pace is slow it may take some time to get there (30 minutes of running were a challange just a couple days ago). Meanwhile depite some rain, windy weather and bad mood I finished it in 46 minutes. My first long run, and my first PB. So so happy :) :) :) .

Eve

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Tremendous! Very well done. The first of many 5ks :)

Well done ! That's fantastic.

Brilliant - well done! I graduated a few weeks ago and even now can't imagine running for 46 minutes, though I'm sure I'll get there in the end :-)

Fantastic 💥, well done!

Yay - you ran for ages AND covered 5k

Well done :)

Well done - a real milestone!

That's a good 16 extra minutes of guts on top of the 30 you do for Week 9. Well done.

Wow, that is wonderful. You should be proud!

The increase from 30 minutes to 46 is quite a lot, so you may feel a bit knackered the next couple of days. If you, just take it easy and bask in the glow of your achievement.

Just adding my congratulations as well. Still working towards the day when I graduate and love to see those who make it as it motivates me and no doubt others as well.

Well done! That's excellent - and similar to my 5k time. You deserve to be really proud of yourself. :-)

Well done you!!! Keep it up and bask in the glow of your achievement -go for it!! 😄👟

Well done ! The first of many, I'm sure 😊😊

Fabulous! That's a country mile away from the weekly 10% increase, you should be massively proud of yourself.

Isn't it amazing that having a goal of any description really works when you focus on achieving it?

Well done you - the first of many 5K's. Enjoy !! :-)

That's fab, your first 5k and first PB! Here's to many more of both xx

You may also like...