Mr Grumpy Guts

So yesterday my right foot really hurt. Something was NOT right. I was full-on hobbling to the printer at work by the end of the day and feeling increasingly worried I would need to delay my W9R1 that evening.

When I got in I asked myself "What would the forum say?" and knew you'd all come back with sensible advice about resting/not pushing it etc.

So I headed your virtual advice and stayed on the couch. Boy was I the most miserable person in Misery House, Self Pity Lane, Little Whinging on the Grump.

I ate 4 peaches, 5 rich tea biscuits and endless cups of tea, watched far too much rubbish on Netflix, mused on the very high probability that I was Injured and all in all felt very sorry for myself.

I woke up this morning and my foot felt .... fine. Went for W9R1 tonight without any problems.

I therefore wish to post a formal apology to my long suffering partner, who at one point last night noted that he was equally keen for me to go for a run (probably more so!) Just goes to show how much has changed in the last few months.

Happy midweek running to all!

P x

4 Replies

• Heeded, not headed! Stupid predictive text. Grrrr.

• Wonderful lesson that we can all learn from Mrs Prune :-) . Listen to the body.

Glad you are feeling better and that much closer to the graduation run!

Well done!!

• Thanks OG (Full version of name feels rude!)

Felt very silly/apologetic this morning. Just had kippers for tea to celebrate not being injured.

Love the picture, btw. All looking suitably formidable.

• You wise old owl, you. Glad that your plates of meat are back in action!

You may also like...