First post graduation run. 5.3k

Not the fastest, it took me 55 minutes. But I can finally say I'm a Couch to 5k runner.

Suffering from a bad cold, so I knew it would be a slow pace, but I was determined to do a 5k run no matter how long it took and WooHoo. I did it.

So I'm a bit emotional and, in a very un British way , I'm very proud of myself.

Or in my native Scots manner - I didnae dae too bad.

Thank you ALL for your fabulous support and encouragement.

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That is fabulous!! Congratulations!

• Well done.

Now stop running until your cold is better.

• Will do. I just had to do a 5k.

• You did better than that. Well done. When I see or hear of people running 5k without stopping it amazes me because I can't and it doesn't make any difference how slowly I go. For example I did 5k walk/run yesterday in 40 mins but have to give up the initial run just after the 1k mark.

Riding this really helps so thank you for posting. i will get there with you and every one else help, but as I am sure you have experienced its a tough journey.

Well done, be proud and now you have got this far, I am sure you will go from strength to strength, but take a break while you have that cold. Your body needs the rest to recover, you will regret it otherwise.

• I'm taking a break for my cold now.

I always remember when Laura said. It's about distance, not speed.

Some nice gentle walks over the next week and back to running when I'm recovered.

• Well done you!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Continuing in the Scottish ways - I canna tell you how happy I am for you!!!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Well done - now do as you're told!

• It will be a first. But I promise no running till I'm better. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

You may also like...