Legs of jelly and butterflies in my tummy

OK, here goes...tomorrow should be my 1st Park Run. If all goes according to plan, I should drop my son and hair off at his regatta in Exeter and then I should have time to pop along to the quay side and slip into the throng unnoticed. must remember my bar code and see if newbies need any words of advice/encouragement.

Wish me luck...

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck. ... very exciting!!!! You'll have a great time I'm sure. Enjoy :)

Ps Where you'd written "slip into the throng" I initially read "slip into my thong". :)

• Oh, Matron!

Not in public :~)

• Good luck! I'm going to my first Park Run tomorrow - have been procrastinating for far too long.

• Coo, two PR virgins! Good luck.

• I did my First Park Run last week, really good , loads of support

You'll be fine, promise :-) xxx

• Hi Pops, really sorry I missed your Manchester mile post! I think running has taken over so much I can't keep up with everything on here. Lol! Glad you enjoyed parkrun, tell us all about it! Another tomorrow? x :-)

• Ah no problem Karen !

I ran halfway with the leader of our running club , she then left me to run on while she went to run with a few at the back to give them some encouragement , she's brilliant, an absolute diamond ! I forgot to turn my Garmin off so it was about 38 minutes ,so I know what to try and better next time :-)

I am doing a 10k in Leeds on Sunday, so am going to give it a miss tomorrow. Will definitely be doing it the week after though, Ive got the bug ha ha !

Are you doing one tomorrow ? :-) xxx

• That's a good time Pops. Its great when you get a good running group and supportive people to run with, it makes all the difference. Enjoy the 10K, I love a 10k, its a good distance to run without feeling all a frenzy. Mind you, that said, parkruns are great fun too, oh and the one milers! Haha, decisions decisions! Yes I'm parkrunning tomorrow, we've got a bacon sarnie and coffee club kitty going on now for after- can't miss that! x :-)

• Thanks Karen !

I am hoping to meet up with Tomas and Miles . You know me, cant miss a photo opportunity :-D

Enjoy your bacon buttie and coffee, I think I am going to treat myself to one after my run ! It wont touch the sides :-) xxx

• Aw, thanks. Congrats on yours, and are you running tomorrow?

• Good luck! Enjoy it, and don't forget your barcode!!

• Good point...time to rifle through me drawers.

• Oooh have fun! I really hope you enjoy it x :-)

• Fun? Fun? Is that what it's all about?

I shall try and enjoy it...thanks

• Yes, Good Luck Sal, you must let us know how you went on :-)

See, youve got to do one now, no getting out of it , ha ha :-) xxx

• Just about to print the barcode...only helping unloading the boats can stop me now...

Now, what do I wear..?

• Shorts and T Shirt or vest , still very muggy tomorrow , I would think xxx

• Pretty much what I thought...but even that may be too much. Why can't the boffins invent a 'refrigerator' range of clothing that keeps you cool and weighs next-to-nothing?

You may also like...