6 k. Clever little cookie!

6 k. Clever little cookie!

Would you believe it ! This little ex-obese 68years littl' old lady just run 6k!

I can't believe it! There I was, trying hard to reach 5k and ended up doing 6.

This beach is 3k to the groyne so I went all the way and had to come back, right? Return was hard and easy. Hard because I was sore (hips) for the last 5minutes. Easy because our camp was in sight. Such a wonderful feeling.

It took me one hour.

Ps: sorry if the picture is upside down: Apple fault!

Last edited by

45 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • This 68 YO man - salutes you!!

• Ahhhh, us oldies have the endurance....

• Nice work! Sometimes our route just dictates our distance for us. Sounds like it worked in your favor!

• Thank you, yes it did. I am really chuffed!

• Well done you!! That's brilliant πŸ˜„

• That's brilliant, there's still life left in us 60+ year olds. happy running.

• Fabulous!!!

• Sounds brilliant. Well done :)

• Well done! Running on sand, too - that probably added to the effort.

• Packed sand with a few soft bits. Maybe 1 k or less of soft

• Excellent. An example to us who are still a bit younger! Lovely picture too. Hope you have a nice holiday (assuming that's what it is. Well done!

• Thank you. Yes holidays chasing the sun

• Agree with agedsnailspace, twice as hard running on sand, but what a lovely view. Well done.

• Fantastic, well done x

• Amazing, hope I'm still running at 68, inspirational :)

• Oh you will. You will find that you are as old as you feel or want. Thank you

• Fabulous! Doesn't it feel great?

• Absolutely! It is 10 hours since and I am still high!

• Well done you especially on sand it's hard work, I know we go to Burnham -on- sea and the beach there is lovely for early morning jogs, I put a pic on similar to yours a while ago . As New-to-jogging said theirs still life after 60+ or 70+ in my case .πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸƒπŸΌπŸƒπŸΌ

• Well done you, that's great.

• Simply fab!!! Well done xx

• Well done , Amazing !

Be very proud of yourself Missus, take a bow :-)

Gorgeous view as well, my dream ( sigh ) :-) xxx

• Well done, that's fantastic! What a stunning location, there's nothing running with a sea view.

• gorgeous pic and what a fantastic run...well done you!!!

• Yeeee-haaaah! Pompoms out and shaking for you here, girl! Well done. I hate running in sand - about as easy as wading though a pool of baked beans in a ball gown for me.

• Thank you. I like the comparison! My husband would love that!

• VERY impressed - and in this heat too. Go the over 60s!!

• Well done you. That is such an achievement x

• Good for you, and what a great feeling. Isn't it fab that us 65+ers can achieve stuff like this πŸ˜ƒ

• Woooohoooo! Well done! Brilliant. That looks a fab place to run. I'm so jealous. I yearn to run by the sea one day

Yep it's amazing how far we can go when we least expect it.

• Fabulous stuff! Well done you. Running on sand is soooo hard. Lovely piccie and you certainly don't look like "a little old lady"!

• Well thank you, with comments like this you are my new best friend!

• Excellent!!! You go girl!

• Congratulations on what sounds like an absolutely fantastic run. You did brilliantly and I am very envious of what looks like a lovely holiday spot!

Just a thought, but I thought I was getting arthritis in my hips as they were really bothering me during and after running (lots of family history) but went to see an osteopath a few times and lo and behold, hips are great, not even the slightest bit stiff now.

• Yes same here. I changed my diet months back and all soreness has disappeared. It looks like what you eat is what makes you. I just get sore when I overdo it.

• That's good to hear :)

• I'm 68 too (69 this month) and my hips hurt too. At first I thought 'injury' and followed the rest and recover programme recommended for younger runners. Three weeks on , no better. Have now decided it's just Anno Domini and creaking arthritis and have decided to run through it. I haven't the time left to cosset myself for months. Damn you body. Do what I tell you!

• Hahaha, yes it is just a question of who is the boss. I am very lucky in that after years of soreness, I have managed to get rid of it by changing my diet. (And sun shine). Today, no pain and ready for a run but I will do the right thing and give it another day rest. Now I know if I can repeat 6k in one hour I should be able to do 5k in 50minutes and try a Parkrun once back home.

• Oh and happy birthday for next month, just in case I don't get internet coverage where we will be by then

• Thank you! Safe travels and keep thinking of that Park Run!

• Very well done. Nice pic too. You are a wonderful advertisment for running :)

• you are my new hero - fab fab fab!!!!!!! πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ™ŒπŸ’ƒ

• I'm a recent graduate and 60 and feel inspired I haven't managed more than 5k yet and that includes the warm up and warm down. Great stuff!

• You will get there. The next run after graduation, I carried on running for an extra 10 minutes and realised that Regardless of how tired you think you are, you still have some puff in you. And with this 6 k run, I tricked myself to go to the end of the beach then had no option but to come back knowing breakfast would be served!

• Wow very impressive - Well done :)

You may also like...