6 k. Clever little cookie!

6 k. Clever little cookie!

Would you believe it ! This little ex-obese 68years littl' old lady just run 6k!

I can't believe it! There I was, trying hard to reach 5k and ended up doing 6.

This beach is 3k to the groyne so I went all the way and had to come back, right? Return was hard and easy. Hard because I was sore (hips) for the last 5minutes. Easy because our camp was in sight. Such a wonderful feeling.

It took me one hour.

Ps: sorry if the picture is upside down: Apple fault!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

45 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • This 68 YO man - salutes you!!

• Ahhhh, us oldies have the endurance....

• Nice work! Sometimes our route just dictates our distance for us. Sounds like it worked in your favor!

• Thank you, yes it did. I am really chuffed!

• Well done you!! That's brilliant πŸ˜„

• That's brilliant, there's still life left in us 60+ year olds. happy running.

• Fabulous!!!

• Sounds brilliant. Well done :)

• Well done! Running on sand, too - that probably added to the effort.

• Packed sand with a few soft bits. Maybe 1 k or less of soft

• Excellent. An example to us who are still a bit younger! Lovely picture too. Hope you have a nice holiday (assuming that's what it is. Well done!

• Thank you. Yes holidays chasing the sun

• Agree with agedsnailspace, twice as hard running on sand, but what a lovely view. Well done.

• Fantastic, well done x

• Amazing, hope I'm still running at 68, inspirational :)

• Oh you will. You will find that you are as old as you feel or want. Thank you

• Fabulous! Doesn't it feel great?

• Absolutely! It is 10 hours since and I am still high!

• Well done you especially on sand it's hard work, I know we go to Burnham -on- sea and the beach there is lovely for early morning jogs, I put a pic on similar to yours a while ago . As New-to-jogging said theirs still life after 60+ or 70+ in my case .πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸƒπŸΌπŸƒπŸΌ

• Well done you, that's great.

• Simply fab!!! Well done xx

• Well done , Amazing !

Be very proud of yourself Missus, take a bow :-)

Gorgeous view as well, my dream ( sigh ) :-) xxx

• Well done, that's fantastic! What a stunning location, there's nothing running with a sea view.

• gorgeous pic and what a fantastic run...well done you!!!

• Yeeee-haaaah! Pompoms out and shaking for you here, girl! Well done. I hate running in sand - about as easy as wading though a pool of baked beans in a ball gown for me.

• Thank you. I like the comparison! My husband would love that!

• VERY impressed - and in this heat too. Go the over 60s!!

• Well done you. That is such an achievement x

• Good for you, and what a great feeling. Isn't it fab that us 65+ers can achieve stuff like this πŸ˜ƒ

• Woooohoooo! Well done! Brilliant. That looks a fab place to run. I'm so jealous. I yearn to run by the sea one day

Yep it's amazing how far we can go when we least expect it.

• Fabulous stuff! Well done you. Running on sand is soooo hard. Lovely piccie and you certainly don't look like "a little old lady"!

• Well thank you, with comments like this you are my new best friend!

• Excellent!!! You go girl!

• Congratulations on what sounds like an absolutely fantastic run. You did brilliantly and I am very envious of what looks like a lovely holiday spot!

Just a thought, but I thought I was getting arthritis in my hips as they were really bothering me during and after running (lots of family history) but went to see an osteopath a few times and lo and behold, hips are great, not even the slightest bit stiff now.

• Yes same here. I changed my diet months back and all soreness has disappeared. It looks like what you eat is what makes you. I just get sore when I overdo it.

• That's good to hear :)

• I'm 68 too (69 this month) and my hips hurt too. At first I thought 'injury' and followed the rest and recover programme recommended for younger runners. Three weeks on , no better. Have now decided it's just Anno Domini and creaking arthritis and have decided to run through it. I haven't the time left to cosset myself for months. Damn you body. Do what I tell you!

• Hahaha, yes it is just a question of who is the boss. I am very lucky in that after years of soreness, I have managed to get rid of it by changing my diet. (And sun shine). Today, no pain and ready for a run but I will do the right thing and give it another day rest. Now I know if I can repeat 6k in one hour I should be able to do 5k in 50minutes and try a Parkrun once back home.

• Oh and happy birthday for next month, just in case I don't get internet coverage where we will be by then

• Thank you! Safe travels and keep thinking of that Park Run!

• Very well done. Nice pic too. You are a wonderful advertisment for running :)

• you are my new hero - fab fab fab!!!!!!! πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ™ŒπŸ’ƒ

• I'm a recent graduate and 60 and feel inspired I haven't managed more than 5k yet and that includes the warm up and warm down. Great stuff!

• You will get there. The next run after graduation, I carried on running for an extra 10 minutes and realised that Regardless of how tired you think you are, you still have some puff in you. And with this 6 k run, I tricked myself to go to the end of the beach then had no option but to come back knowing breakfast would be served!

• Wow very impressive - Well done :)

You may also like...