Couch to 5K

Running club take 2

As i didnt make it last week last night was only my second go at it so wasn't sure how it was going to be. Well i can safely say i was suitably chuffed with myself ended up running just over 5 miles which by my reckoning is just on 8k...bit more than a 10% increase on 5k...oops!! But boy did i feel good and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the route was through fields so it was a case of dodge the sheep poop and cow pats which isn't easy when your running and looking at my trainers drying on the radiator (it rained!!) Its clear i didn't successfully dodge all of it!! Needless to say if you had told me this time last year i would be capable of doing something like that i would have laughed in your face. I love running and i hope that anyone reading this and just starting the c25k can believe that they are capable of so much and will have some brilliant running adventures!! ☺

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Jules,

What a lovely inspiring post! I am on W8 of C25k at the moment and already feeling the benefits and that buzz after a good run! Slight hiccup at moment due to a virus but hope to be back out running in a couple of days! Thanks for sharing and well done on your journey!

Thanks Sandra! sorry to hear your under the weather heres hoping for a speedy recovery and you back out there enjoying your running :)

Woohoo! Well done Jules ☺ sounds like you had a fab time

I did mw it was fab! :D

Sounds a great run in spite of (or maybe because of) the obstacles! Good for you.

Thanks princess, yes it was different to running along the prom, my usual haunt but good fun :)

Well done Jules.

8k is a big step up - hope the legs are OK this morning.

Knees complaining a tad but ok otherwise, didn't plan on such a big step but you know how you get swept along in the moment!! :D

You may also like...