W9R1=Race for Life

My first attempt at running for 30mins/5k and WOW what an experience! The weather was pretty awful and as we did the warm up 'exercises', the lady on the stage kept asking " Are you warm yet?" and the crowd shouted back "NO"!!

My daughter and I positioned ourselves towards the rear of the 'jogging' section but there were a lot of walkers ahead of us. The path was not very wide and very muddy with lots of large puddles so it was a bit difficult at times to negotiate the walkers. Whilst it was a bit frustrating, it meant the pace was quite slow which was to my advantage!

Just after the 4k marker, there was a slight incline and by the time I got to the top, I had no puff left and started to walk but my watch told me I had already been running for 37mins! Spurred on by my daughter, after about 50yards I started running again.

We crossed the finish line holding hands, soaking wet, very muddy and grinning like idiots!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Brilliant way to celebrate reaching week 9. Well done!

• Thanks Ully! Might need to take a few rest days before the next run-I can hardly walk! It was great though!!

• Well done ๐Ÿ˜„

• Thanks!

• That's great and not at all a bad time for a 5k. What an achievement !

• Well done BILMC. 2 to go.

• Brilliant! Isn't it a great feeling to cross that finish line? Well done :-)

You may also like...