What next?

Bit of a shorter one than my last post!

My housemate wants us to sign up to the Cardiff half-marathon in October, and after running 4.8km in 25 minutes (w6r3) last week I was initially very much up for it.

However, my diet now consists of 70% beans on toast and pasta (hasn't changed much since Uni). I'm a bit concerned without somewhat drastically changing what I eat it just isn't a good idea to put my body through the necessary training required for running 21.7km let alone the actual run. There's a big difference between the energy needed for 5km vs 21.7 and I'm not sure it's even worth trying the 10k.

Any views at all would be much appreciated, thanks.

9 Replies

• Sign up for the race and learn lots of new recipes? Cooking is a total joy and really doesn't need to take ages to be healthy and delicious.

• Go for it Mike!

Healthy eating doesn't have to be difficult and you will feel the benefit.

• Improving your diet is a good thing to do in and of itself but even your current intake should not be an obstacle to you signing up (and doing) a Half Marathon.

Your body stores 'energy' in the form of glycogen and unless you are very underweight you have sufficient quantities to run 21K.

• Just seen Lloyds are giving away 100 tickets for the Cardiff half on Facebook. I'd ask if you would kindly nominate me but I think we'd need to be Facebook friends so ne'er mind :/

• sign up definitely, your dietary repertoire needs addressing, join our FB group B25K fuel to run...sorted :)

• Can't find a FB group with that name?

• Try BC25k fuel to run

• facebook.com/search/results... see if you get the same result I did - zip?

• I can add you if I knew your name!

You may also like...