Celebrating graduation - with a swim!

I don't understand what's happened to me - that blimmin' Laura!!

In the pool at 9 this morning for a lovely half hour swim. Amazed by how much stronger my legs are and that I could swim away for 30 minutes - even when I used to swim twice a week I wasn't this strong.

Anyway, I had a secret plan from about Week 5 that once I graduated I would start some crosstraining so very chuffed to start today. Going to go to yoga-based class on Tuesdays (think it's like BodyBalance which I used to do and love) and swim once a week. Yay!

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That's awesome and well done on graduating. I love swimming too and its an excellent cross trainer for running. Enjoy ur new found confidence and strength! 😎

• Thanks! I'd forgotten how great swimming is! Lovely to be back in the water 😊

• That's great, good for you! I used to do a load of swimming, and was just thinking how good it would be to do something as well as running to mix it up a bit. I definitely will now!

• It was lovely! Go for it!

• You're hooked :D ADDICT! I must admit that swimming has crossed my mind at high speed several times as a possibility for the "in between days". Although that involves regular hedgerow trimming and leg hair mowing. Unless I get myself one of those stripy Victorian bathing suits....

• Great plan! The whole de-furring thing is a bind isn't it?!! It *was* lovely though - definitely recommend it! I'd forgotten how nice it is.

I hopped (okay, went down the steps) into the slow lane but had to move over to medium!! Very surprised (but pleased!).

• Very well done. That sounds like a great plan :)

• Thanks. It's such a good feeling to exercise because you're enjoying it and want to do it not because you feel you ought to!

• Wooohoo! Go you! It seems we are all energised once we start. Keep going Arietty, you're done brilliantly

• Thank you! 😊

You may also like...