W9R3 - Graduated!!!

Can't believe it - 9 weeks ago I was a couch potato and here I am graduating!

I went on past 30 mins as I wanted to run 5k and managed it in 38.30 which I was really pleased with.

Felt really good :)

Thanks so much for all the support from you guys - you've been brilliant, especially when I lost my running mojo and half way through and had to rediscover it!

Think I'm going to treat myself to a Garmin Forerunner 10 as a reward for completing the program. I have grown to love running and am so happy.

52 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done MP and congratulations. So happy you got over those wobbles and the little niggles.

• Thanks Dunder :)

• A huge big well done & congrats to you, isn't it a great feeling? Especially when you've had to overcome set backs. Enjoy your day and keep running :D

• Thanks Jules :)

• Fantastic! Well done. It is a real achievement. A first 5k too :) Keep running

• Thank you!

• Fantastic! Well done, Poodle. Isn't it just incredible how we come to love running so much?

• Thanks! Never thought I would say I loved running. But it's true, I do!!

• well done to you poodle, its quite an achievement. before you rush out and buy your Garmin 10, checkout the TomTom runner its on offer at Curry's ยฃ79 a bigger display than the 10, can be used with a heart rate monitor and in better gurly pink. Well done.

• Thanks for the tip on the TomTom. I'll take a look!

• Well done you and Congratulations! It is indeed a wonderful feeling! Keep running!

• Thank you!

• Yayayayay well done you! xxx

• Thanks Spiky. I'm well chuffed!!

• Congratulations!!!!!!!!! hope you are basking in the glory! brilliant achievement!!! :) :)

• thank you!

• Aw fab stuff Poodle ! I am really pleased for ya Missus xxx

Many Congratulations to you and keep on running :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppypug. I'm on cloud 9!!

• Fantastic! It's a great feeling isn't it?!!!!

• it certainly is!!

• Congratulations, awesome job!!

• thanks fraz

• That's brilliant!

• thank you :)

• Fantastic well done! You definately deserve a treat x :-)

• thank you !

• Fabulous, well done for not giving up and for getting to the end. Back to Parkrun on Saturday ?

• thanks - I thought I was losing the plot at one point but came back to it! Am away for the weekend so no park run this week :)

• Oh fab-u-lous Manc!!!!!!! Well done. Congratulations. Your badge looks absolutely wonderful dahling

Yeah, get yourself a Garmin F10. Loads here have got them. You can then join us on Garmin Connect as well

Take the rest of the day off!

• thanks misswobble - yes I really want a Garmin FR10. Been eyeing them up for ages, but promised myself I couldn't get one til I'd completed the program!

• Yay!!! Well done!! Yes a treat is a must!!!! You've earned it!!! Happy running! Xx

• thanks Toonlou!

• Congratulations! We all knew you could do it.

• thanks Adam

• Hooray! Congratulations!

I hope you are feeling really proud - graduation and first 5k on the same day!!

• Brilliant! Many congratulations to you for graduating and running your first 5K too! The world is your oyster now as there is so much you can do. You can even run just because you can....anytime.

• Congratulations! That badge Is looking very nice indeed. All round to yours for a graduation party now? ;)

• thanks Ancient Mum :)

• Massive congrats! Brilliant post, love to see people overcome blips to get to the end goal..... It really helps newbies like me to see that you can't give up, you just have to dig in and get the job done x plus it feels wonderful when you do!

• thanks juju - good luck with your running :)

• Well done on making it through. Enjoy your reward and continued running

• thank you

• Whoop whoop how cool to see your graduation badge next to your name too! Well done and happy running :) :)

• thanks Northernspirit :)

• Congratulations on graduating MPoodle. What an achievement and finishing the 5k. Well done and good luck with the 10k :-)

• thanks Julia

• Nice one, welcome to the world of running gear fetish ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜„

• thanks millwalk - :)

• Congratulations! Very well done. Good luck for your next challenge.

• Yay congratulations. You deserve your Garmin. ๐Ÿ˜ค

You may also like...