First ever 5k

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long, life gets in the way and that.

Still been running, you'll be pleased to know! Last week I actually managed a sub-8 minute km which is madness since my fastest at one point was like 12.

I've been using the normal c25k podcasts because I still need a bit of structure but today I decided just to keep going after the 30 minutes to see if I could and I did!

I managed to run 5k for the first time ever. Like ever ever. Crazy. Took me 43 minutes but now I know I can actually keep going that long I can work on speed and stuff.

Hope you're all well. Gotta go pack and catch a plane to Barcelona tomorrow to see Robbie Williams. WOOO LIFE IS GOOD

Lotsa love

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Grest stuff katy. Well done! Keep on running girl!

Enjoy your gig! I am going to a local rock night this weekend. High heels and tight jeans at the ready! Yeeeeeehah 😄

• Gonna have my running shoes on for Rob, gotta be ready to bounce! Hahaha, enjoy!!

• Well done Katy! Keep going and the times will drop and drop. Enjoy seeing the Robster strutting his stuff, and Barcelona - one of my favourite cities!

• Seeing Barcelona for the first time and Robbie for the 10th, love love love life. 2015 is the best and choosing to run is the best, LOVE LIFE WOOHOO

• That's a great feeling isn't it? Both the sub 8 KM and your time for 5K - you're on your way now! Enjoy your concert, hope you get a chance to run.. xx

• Thanks CG! Only a quick trip, friday-sunday so will be running Sunday night back in Alicante :-)

• Wow, that is a great achievement! Congratulations!!

• Thank you Tomas!

• That's a great achievement well done. Barcelona is a wonderful city. Enjoy your time there :)

• Thank you!

• Go you ! Time sounds might fine to me for a 1st.

• Woohoo thank you! Hoping to do GNR next year so just gotta up the distance now hahhaa

• I bet it's warmer where you are! It was ruddy taters here this evening. Brrrrrr

• was quite nice I thought down in London!

• Starting to hit the 20s, can't complain ;)

• you'll change your tune when you start trying to run in mid June in 35 degree heat ;)

• Haha it's okay I should be home to Northumberland before it gets too hot. Leave here mid-June. When I first got here it was 40+ and I melted.

• I'm in Derbyshire and it was cold and so windy. Lovely starry skies though

• ah yes. lovely part of the world. Used to live in Sheffield (just about) and spent a good few evenings and weekends walking round Castleton, Hope...

• Barcelona. Got to get some proper Paella! Not the really dry stuff from Valencia!

(In all seriousness though, I found Barca to be really expensive! Refused to go in the Segrada Familia on a point of principle haha)

• I've lived in Spain since September, had enough paella to last me a lifetime hahaha. We've prebooked student tickets for the Sagrada Familia so hopefully it'll be worth it! High prices are a given but I don't mind it's just a weekend :-) That's what the student loan is for! Woooo

• Amen to that!

• Oh katy that's fab news. So well done. You're clearly going from strength to strength. Enjoy Barcelona and Robbie.

• Enjoy yourself Katy ! Exciting times ahead for you , and Well done on hitting the magic 5k

Youre doing so well , good on ya ! :-) xxx

• I did my first 5K too this weekend. I swapped Wk9 podcast to just a mix of music and kept positive and determined! Well done, keep at it.

You may also like...