Colour me happy

Today I did my first race, a colour me happy fun run in aid of the local hospice. What a fun experience, jogging along in the sunshine with people throwing coloured paint at you ๐Ÿ˜„ I am glad I wore my old trainers and bottoms as I was covered from head to toe.

Now due to catching this horrid virus that has been going around I have only just completed week 7, and was wondering would I be pushing my luck to hope to complete a 10k the first weekend in may? I know it is more of a mental challenge than a physical one for me but I was hoping that in a race environment it would pull me through. Am I mad?

Well I'm looking forward to my longer runs this week and graduating in 2 weeks time!

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Those colour runs sound great fun! Well done on completing your 1st race !If you stick withthe plan, and run steady I dont see why you shouldn't get round your 10k, you're right that the challenge is in your head too, and there are plenty of people that run/walk..... good luck!

• Thanks I'm trying to talk my friend into doing it with me so that way the head thing will be sorted!

• Well done, I'd love to do one of those! No pics?

Yes, as Ali says if you stick with a plan you should be at 10K by May xx

• I have some pics but I look like I have jaundice as I am bright yellow!!!! Trust me it is not a good look ๐Ÿ˜‰

• You can always walk/run intervals, so yes, the 10k should be fine. Enjoy it!

• Thank you I am starting to look forward to it already x

You may also like...