Week 6, run 3, Laura's proud

I'm a real runner now and Laura's really proud of me :D I'm not particularly fast, but I run without anything hurting me, my breathing is manageable, and my legs don't fall off at the end. I'm no more or less sweaty than when I began week 1, although obviously exerting myself a lot more. I'm also slightly addicted to the endorphins now, really enjoying the mood lift after each run. Now I just need to master the knack of successfully springing into my day from this point, carrying the motivational feeling through into other parts of my life, then I'm really on my way.

7 Replies

• Well done Ruth! That sounds ticketty-boo. Slow and steady gets you where you want to go, and in one piece.. i can't see how the feel good factor won't follow through into other parts of your life. It just permeates into all corners, in a good way of course

• I think MW is right - and maybe at the end of the day anything that absolutely refuses to be permeated isn't worth the effort?

• Just trying to grab those endorphins and carry them into other parts of my life. But maybe yes I need to be patient... allow it to permeate naturally. Thanks :)

• I'm with you ruth. The endorphins have me bouncing off the walls. Now I know who my three year old takes after. I'm going to get to the end of week 6 this coming week and I'm trying not to dwell on the longer runs at the end. It's defo a mind game. I'm sure Laura's telling the truth and if we stick with her we'll get there. I'm getting the impression slow and steady like the tortoise is the key to this. It's taken me 40 years almost of sitting around to get to this point after all- Rome wasn't built in a day! Note to self - take your own medicine (patience not a strong point, beginners mistake though! Keep up the posts I'm right behind you!! Xx

• Hi Ruth, another great positive post, and I know what you mean. It might sound a bit OTT, but I don't remember feeling quite as happy as I have generally since I started running - apart from just having more energy for everything else, my mood's just better most of the time as well, so I've just been approaching everything slightly differently I reckon, and everything seems better somehow. I think it does just naturally feed into other areas of life. Let's hope it continues. Good luck with your next run :)

• I finally fitted a cycle in today too 10miles so far getting into town prob same again to get home later... Sitting still working is my next challenge...

• Great! I reckon you deserve a sit down and a cup of tea now.

You may also like...