Week 6, run 2, keeping going

I'm not even surprised by now that I'm managing these runs, as 6 weeks in I feel I've been managing them all quite well. But I do have to actively slow down to make sure I don't get out of breath, and have started doing a couple of stretches before as well as after now to help prevent tight hamstrings. I'm also making small steps with introducing the same sort of discipline elsewhere in my life. Last night I automatically poured myself a second glass of wine, thought about it, then poured it back into the bottle. Also, hoping to cycle into town again today (going for at least 2 long rides a week now). But won't repeat previous mistakes, and will make sure to bring sufficient snacks to avoid sugar-lows. Hopefully all in all a fitter, healthier Ruth will emerge in time for summer :)

Last edited by

4 Replies

• That's such a great post, Ruth. Super-positive! Glad to hear you're getting on so well. It's a lovely day for a bike ride. Have fun!

• Hey GLudwig - hope you're getting on well too. To be honest I think a lot of the positivity is endorphin-related, as it certainly seems to fade! Decided I need to stick at home and keep working today, so no bike ride after all - but will definitely get on the bike tomorrow.

• Sounds like a plan. Hopefully there'll be plenty more sunshine this week. Don't work too hard!

• Well done Ruth, I am enjoying seeing your progress.

You may also like...