Wk6 run3 AND first Park Run! :-)

Morning all! Happy Potty here :-) decided to try park run on my Saturday runs - today being my first 25 minute continuous run - walked the first 5mins with Laura to warm up then started my 'light jog' - it takes me more than 5mins to get into it - but started to feel good eventually - over the moon to finish my 25 mins - but didn't get to finish my warm down walk because one of the marshals and a lovely group of wk8 C25K-ers decided I didn't need to stop - to be honest I think were right - a few short recovery walks, but mostly running to the end! Feeling good! :-) :-) :-)

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Potty. Amazing what we can do with friends to encourage us :)

• hello AncientMum, yes, it is! A bit of balance for the negative messages my own head gives me! :-)

• Well done Potty, sounds like a really good run :) Congratulations on your 1st Parkrun ! :)

• Thanks, I'm still beaming today :-)

• Another first time parkrunner! There seem to be lots on here today. Congratulations. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a great feeling when you finish, isn't it. I bet you are now planning how you can rejig next Saturday's activities to fit another parkrun in.

• Thank you and yes, definitely planning to go again next week :-) There were about half a dozen first timers on our PR Saturday - some clearly 'new' runners (times like mine) and some clearly not - guess anybody starting C25K as a new year project is coming up to graduation.

• That's fantastic, Potty, no wonder you're happy!

• Thanks, still beaming :-)

• Nice one, Potty.

• :-)

• The marshal and week 8 era were right. You are capable of more than you think. Well done !

• Thanks, looking forward to seeing what I can do next Sat now :-)

• Yay...well done you..let the polishing of the badge begin😀😀

• Thank you - still smiling from ear to ear :-)

• super well done Potty :D parkrun is just such a great thing :D

• Thanks :-) Yes, it's wonderfully inclusive and I love the whooshing noise as athletes run past, lapping you, on their way to a 17 minute finish ;-)

• Happy Potty I think it's quite something for folks to do a parkrun before they graduate so really well done to you. You sound more than capable and I'm sure you'll be doing a lot more!

• Thanks Irish Princess :-) I wanted to see what 5k felt like, for sure, and thought it would keep me focused over weeks 7, 8. & 9. I must admit that I'm going to rejig my plan for next week so that I do my warm up before the run so that If I finish my week 7 run 3 and still feel up to it, I can see if I can do the full 5K, or as much of it as I can :-)

• Well done Potty, brave you!!!

I have been volunteering at my local Parkrun, but haven't plucked up the courage yet to join in. I will hopefully do my first Parkrun next week as my Week 9 run 3.

• Thanks OG, (couldn't bring myself to address you as old git!) you're graduating next week! How exciting! Good luck and have fun :-) A big thank you for having been volunteering too - I'd never seen a PR before yesterday and was so impressed with and grateful for what the volunteers make happen :-)

You may also like...