Since joining the gym nearly two weeks ago i have discovered the following:
1) Where are all the people with my body shape gone? - have they vanished into thin air or have they turned into these lean, mean, toned, tanned beings that roam around?
2) Steam room etiquette is very different in other countries - I will not be going native
3) new equipment - i am ok with the cardio machines - now its the weights that scare me, just because i don't know how to use them. Next week i am going to give them a try- I mean its rude not to try all the shiny new weight machines that they have installed- I am wondering will they sell all the old techno -gym equipment? I hope i don't embarrass myself and use the incorrectly.
5) Pool staff very friendly - gym people not very friendly - unless you are mr muscle or miss model.
As you know one of the reasons i joined the gym is because of the heat outside - until today i hadn't ventured upstairs to the treadmills (too many exciting brand new machines to make you sweat downstairs!) Today was my run day - got up late, decided to do the cleaning instead and thought about having a rest day - well then i thought about holiday we have booked, weight loss and the fact i can use the treadmill in the gym. Popped on my bike - did 30mins on the cross trainer and then thought i will do 5km on the treadmill. Thought i will put it on the hill setting -
1) has all the same information as my garmin, pace, time, distance and even speed. All good
2) can watch bbc world news
3) burnt off a lot more cal on treadmill than what my garmin tells me - or should this be a con for lies?
4) can have a shower straight away and hit the pool and the Jacuzzi.
1) time goes far too slow - watching bbc news doesn't really help!
2) usually i never worry about distance, but without the distractions of being outside the distance hardly seemed to move
I love running outside - the treadmill will be used but nothing beats the running around the streets of Santiago.