Folliegirl is fed up :(

Folliegirl is fed up :(

I have been laid up with my leg elevated for 9 days!! On Saturday 3rd Jan I set off on my second run of 2015, having logged 206 miles from June to December. I chose the 'Speed' podcast to burn off some Christmas calories .... Unfortunately whilst running full pelt downhill I badly twisted my ankle and had to be rescued.

Today I managed to get socks and shoes on and ventured outside, the rest of my body is LONGING to run... Might be a couple of weeks yet :(

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Looks like a corker of a bruise, don't be too impatient to get back to running, the last thing that you want to do is cause further damage. How about some gentle yoga exercises to keep the muscles flexible.

• Trying hard to be sensible, logically I know slow and steady recovery will be best ... But I am so impatient!!!!

• Just take it easy, yeah, and give your body a chance to heal. Hope you'll be back in the running game soon :)

• Thank you ... Must also ignore all the chocolate in the house!!

• Ouch!! Now that looks sore! Well they do say patience is a virtue, so guess you're going to have to be virtuous for a while yet :(

• On the up side, I've read 4 books and rediscovered a love of puzzling ... Kris kross is my new friend!!

• What's that song? Always look on the bright side of life, de deh de de de de de deh :)

• Exactly... Glass half full here ;)

• Hope it feels better soon, looks painful! :) Good that you are back on your feet at least............... :)

• I know and I've been counting my blessings, I could so easily have ended up in the road and been run over, so it could have been a lot worse!!!

• Ouchy! I feel for you Folliegirl, I hope you get back to running soon x :-)

• Thank you, simply longing to run, although to be fair I'll settle for pain-free movement to start with ;) ... Well for this week anyway ;)

You may also like...