Week 8 R1 with Fear of Ben and no Laura

Week 8 R1 with Fear of Ben and no Laura

A beautiful morning for a run, still and chilly (thinks: How am I ever going to manage in the summer? I get boiled running in the depths of winter. Anyway.). With the longer runs I have taken to listening to music, and have been trying out different songs to see which are best to run to. Last run I had an oldish song by Ben Folds Five called 'Army' at the beginning of my playlist, and this had me running rather faster than I would have, especially right at the start. By the end of the 25 minutes I was huffing and puffing quite a bit, but I did manage an extra 0.1 km :D.

So for today I had removed some songs and added some new ones, but bravely (or foolishly) decided to leave Ben in there. This time I put the thing on 'shuffle', which meant that all the way though the run I was thinking 'eek, when's the Ben Folds Five track coming??'. At the same time I was also thinking: 'Where's Laura?'. After a while I decided that the app had stopped working and Laura wasn't going to tell me I'd been going for 5 minutes, or when it was time to stop, so I decided to run to a certain landmark and call that my run for today. It was fine, and I think life without Laura will be ok... although I hope she's back for my next run!

Ben never showed up either :)

Last edited by

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • wow what an amazing view :D

• I love it! x

• Well done, yes beautiful view. I've heard the app doesn't work well, why not try the podcasts? I really enjoyed them, and they won't let you down.

• Thank you x

• Love the view. Well done on W8 R1

• Thank you x

• You need Laura to tell you what you should be doing as you need to follow the programme fully. The podcasts are a lot more stable, if you can switch to those

You're nearly at the end of the programme now. Enjoy your last runs!

• Thank you x

• Really, I think it was my failing rather than that of the app! I may just have accidentally pressed pause - I tried running it again at home and there were no problems. I'm really not keen on the music in the podcasts :) However, I did roughly calculate (by the songs I listened to) that I ran for a bit more than 28 minutes, so I'm rather chuffed with that, and I've gone and signed up for the local Park Run, ready for when I graduate :D I'll miss that sea view, but I'm sure the Park will be lots of fun!

• Well done you...and yes it's hard in the Summer but you just have to run naked ;)

• Hee :)

You may also like...