Week 5 Completed

Well I my nerves were jangling before attempting today's final run of week 5.

But it's done now and I feel so peaceful. I'd expected to feel tired or elated, and don't get me wrong I was both those things after I finished but now I just feel relaxed and soothed. Not what I expected to feel, but definitely a pleasant feeling.

Thanks to Laura and everyone on here I have come this far. So thank you for all your support and advice, I'm starting to think I can actually get to week 9 now.

Happy running everyone!

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done and thank you for posting. I finished Week 4 this morning and am soooo looking forward to trying out Week 5 now I've read this!

• Well done for finishing week 4 :-) good luck for week 5, let us know how it goes xxx

• Good stuff B ! Aw , you feel so peaceful, what a lovely feeling. Week 5 is a big , big milestone to overcome, so take a bow Missus !

Onwards to Week 6, Keep going ! :-) xxx

• Thank you! :-) I don't think I can stop now, feeling so much stronger and healthier :-)

Just so proud I did it because the wind was head on and rain was lashing down and then got a horrible stitch after 10 minutes, but I took everyone's advice and slowed down a bit and was able to speed up for the final two minutes :-)

Thank you for the support and encouragement xxx

• *whips the Pom-poms out*...

Well done! Rarara! Woo hoo!! Rarara!! Yaaaaay!!

Enjoy week 6 :)

• Haha! Why thank you :-D

Hope your hip is feeling better xxx

• Much better today thank you! R2 now in the bag so on with the dreaded big 20!!

• Of course you can get through to week 9. We have faith!

Well done to you. That's a big mental hurdle sorted. xx

• Thank you Barabara. Have to say, it's nice you're ahead because I read your posts and feel more prepared :-) good luck today xxx

• Oh bless you. Am glad to be of help. I love to read those who are ahead of me. That's what spurs me on too xx

• Very well done, a great achievement. Keep sticking to the programme and you'll carry on doing absolutely fine. Back to intervals on W6R1 which catches a few people out, so keep it slow and steady and you'll build up during W6 to be able to add another 5 minutes on to your non-stop running. Amazing how it works, isn't it? I have often found running very relaxing too - once it's done!

• Thank you for the advice :-) I am a bit unsure about the intervals as I think it'll make it feel longer than doing fewer runs that last longer.

Yes definitely once it's done! :-P xxx

• Yeay! Well done you! It's a lovely achievement :)

• It is :-) though I can't really believe it, the route I ran I used to be out of breath walking along which is just bizarre to think about. Xxx

• Beginning2run , that's really brilliant.I had the same feelings about week 6 AND week 7. But as you say, the overall feelings are tiredness and elation. I give you a little secret: I give myself a little pat and drink a cup of hot chocolate! You're doing so well. Keep going ( I'm going to start week 8 now).

• Fab well done :)

You may also like...