week5

this feels like the luckily - unluckily game i used to play with my daughter: Luckily i made it through to week four but unluckily yesterday was so miserable and rainy round here and I felt like a cold coming up that i hardly managed to change out of pyjmasa all day Luckily this morning i packed my running gear for lunch hour and found out that unluckily i forgot to pack my running shoes. Luckily i have a pair of old trainers sitting under the desk so i went anyway. Unluckily I realised that I forgot to unzip the podcast before I loaded it onto my mp3 player and Laura wouldn't talk to me. Luckily i've been on the same towpath a couple of times so kind of knew the distances. Unluckily the first song on my list was "you're on the road to nowhere" , I ignored it and luckily managed to find out how to operate the stopwatch on the music player.

Unluckily I didn't have a sneak peek of what i was supposed to do for run 1 but luckily I remembered the dreaded 20min we're due at the end of this week.

In the end I run one 6min, one 5 minute lot and walked for a bit in between. By then I had reached what is usually my turning round point and decided to run back for as long as i could manage - 15 min in one go. lucky ending:-) to the game

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great post ! That made me smile....

• thanks - it's hard to wipe that grin off my face right now

• Love it

• Oh well done you. That's amazing. Stands you in great stead for the 20 mins...even in your old trainers. Brilliant Kristina. You put me to shame :)) xx

• I just had a look at what I was supposed to do and can't decide now what to do next. Usually i have boot camp on wednesdays with a bit of running mixed in and I'll go away on friday. I guess I'll give myself a bit of a rest (my feet hurt a bit - the trainers really are not good for running) and try the 20min on thursday. This way i should be back on track for week 6 next week. The first five min of the 15 min run felt quite hard but eventually i felt that I could go on at the slow pace for quite a while.

• Sounds like a good idea....once your feet have recovered. You've just missed the 2 x 8 mins but you've made up for it big time

• That did make me chuckle, especially the bit about the music. I found it particularly amusing this week that the first track on week 3 sings about it being a beautiful day, when all 3 of my runs were at best overcast, or raining, lol!

• Well done for keeping going despite all the obstacles.

• Sounds like one of my runs lol!Well done for getting on and doing the run!20 minutes will be a doddle :0)

You may also like...