Parkrun, thinking of doing one

Hello everyone. I finish C25K tommorow morning with week9 run3. By happy coincidence, I will be in UK during week 46. So... I was thinking of doing my first parkrun. I will be in Rugby, and I used to work in Leamington, so I thought I'd do the Leamington parkrun.

Anyway, I've registered for the parkrun barcode thingy on the website. I was wondering what I need to do next, do I have to register for Leamington. Do I need to register somehow for 15th Nov? Or do I just need to turn up before 9h00 on staturday morning?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Zev1963 you just turn up, run & get the barcode scanned at the end - it's really that simple! Have a great run!

• Thanks SumoSue. Strangely the email reply is empty. There is a title "parkrun links reminder for Zev1963" but nothing inside apart from a google advert. Maybe they have a bug.

• Try again ........

Hi Zev1963 you just turn up, run & get the barcode scanned at the end - it's really that simple! Have a great run!

• They are still just sending me empty emails, but never mind, maybe if I try in a few days it might work.

• Just turn up WITH YOUR BARCODE at any park run in the UK and you will be welcome and get a timed run. You can also turn up at any park run without a barcode but you won't get a timed run.

• Ah OK thanks. That's good, if I dont need a barcode, as I've requested the barcode several times and I just recieve empty emails.

• AHA, in fact I just got home and opened the message in WindowsLive instead of the email provider's site and now I see the links :)

That is wierd, in the free webmail site, I see nothing in the email.

OK so now I have barcode :)

• Hey Zev1963 I might see you there, will be my first Parkrun too:) If you see a tiny Scottish woman with long dark hair looking cold and afraid that's me be, pink running jacket on no doubt to match my pink running face:) x

• Ooooh I should join you both! Leamington my local one too!

• Yay, come if you can, that'd be fab!!!

• Good luck for your first parkrun Zev!

• Thanks IrishPrincess :)

• Sounds like you've got a group run there !

• We have!!! You better not all be super fast!!!!

• Ha ha, no danger from me toonlou!:)

• I can walk faster than I run!!! Hee hee!!!!

• You just turn up with your barcode Zev :D you have to get a time :D good luck with your graduation run tomorrow :D we will be waiting with the podium and champers :D

• Thanks Rob :)

• just turn up with your barcode...parkrun is fab, really friendly and no pressure as its not a race..enjoy it :)

• I'll try to put a photo of me on here before 15th so you recognise me if you see me :)

• Good idea! Shall I wear my pink specs and bring my wine glass?!

You may also like...