Parkrun, thinking of doing one

Hello everyone. I finish C25K tommorow morning with week9 run3. By happy coincidence, I will be in UK during week 46. So... I was thinking of doing my first parkrun. I will be in Rugby, and I used to work in Leamington, so I thought I'd do the Leamington parkrun.

Anyway, I've registered for the parkrun barcode thingy on the website. I was wondering what I need to do next, do I have to register for Leamington. Do I need to register somehow for 15th Nov? Or do I just need to turn up before 9h00 on staturday morning?

21 Replies

• Hi Zev1963 you just turn up, run & get the barcode scanned at the end - it's really that simple! Have a great run!

• Thanks SumoSue. Strangely the email reply is empty. There is a title "parkrun links reminder for Zev1963" but nothing inside apart from a google advert. Maybe they have a bug.

• Try again ........

Hi Zev1963 you just turn up, run & get the barcode scanned at the end - it's really that simple! Have a great run!

• They are still just sending me empty emails, but never mind, maybe if I try in a few days it might work.

• Just turn up WITH YOUR BARCODE at any park run in the UK and you will be welcome and get a timed run. You can also turn up at any park run without a barcode but you won't get a timed run.

• Ah OK thanks. That's good, if I dont need a barcode, as I've requested the barcode several times and I just recieve empty emails.

• AHA, in fact I just got home and opened the message in WindowsLive instead of the email provider's site and now I see the links :)

That is wierd, in the free webmail site, I see nothing in the email.

OK so now I have barcode :)

• Hey Zev1963 I might see you there, will be my first Parkrun too:) If you see a tiny Scottish woman with long dark hair looking cold and afraid that's me be, pink running jacket on no doubt to match my pink running face:) x

• Ooooh I should join you both! Leamington my local one too!

• Yay, come if you can, that'd be fab!!!

• Good luck for your first parkrun Zev!

• Thanks IrishPrincess :)

• Sounds like you've got a group run there !

• We have!!! You better not all be super fast!!!!

• Ha ha, no danger from me toonlou!:)

• I can walk faster than I run!!! Hee hee!!!!

• You just turn up with your barcode Zev :D you have to get a time :D good luck with your graduation run tomorrow :D we will be waiting with the podium and champers :D

• Thanks Rob :)

• just turn up with your barcode...parkrun is fab, really friendly and no pressure as its not a race..enjoy it :)

• I'll try to put a photo of me on here before 15th so you recognise me if you see me :)

• Good idea! Shall I wear my pink specs and bring my wine glass?!

You may also like...