Post grad W2R3 - 1st Parkrun: Hi all, I did my... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,942 members β€’ 121,177 posts

Post grad W2R3 - 1st Parkrun

David_G
David_G
β€’6 Replies

Hi all, I did my first ever Parkrun this morning in sunny Croydon. It’s two laps with a fairly steep slope to go up twice. I managed it the first time but second was a struggle πŸ˜• Still, I got going again and finished the course πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘

For anyone considering doing Parkrun, I’d say go ahead and register and do a run. It’s great fun and everyone was pleasant and there was a great atmosphere πŸ™‚

Looking forward to doing the next one now. Sadly I forgot to start Strava πŸ™„ so I’ll have to wait for the results on the Parkrun website πŸ™‚ Lesson learnt 😊 I imagine I got round in around 35-40 minutes so pleased enough with that.

I’m on holiday next week in sunny Leicestershire but I’m taking my running gear πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈwith me so I can carry on my Post Grad efforts. Everything for the holiday’s got to fit on my motorbike so it might be a bit of a squeeze! πŸ˜‚

Good luck everyone! πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

6 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
sallenson
sallensonGraduate

Well done that man!! Good result!! Enjoy your break. Next year you can ditch the bike and just run up there :-)

1 like
David_G
David_G
in reply to sallenson

Thanks! I think ditching the bike might be a bit optimistic though πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Bridget007
Bridget007Graduate

Well done! And enjoy running in sunny Leicestershire 😎

1 like
Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate

Well done!

1 like
icklegui
ickleguiGraduate

hurrah, well done local! And a holiday limited by the motorbike sounds like a great packing challenge!

1 like
David_G
David_G
in reply to icklegui

Thanks, it’s a challenge to say the least. The loads must be equal weight in both panniers too 😊 Still, it’s worth it for the freedom! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

You may also like...