New ParkRun starting near Hertford

Anyone living near Ware, Hertford, Welwyn, Hatfield etc and interested in starting ParkRun or simply finding a new one or one closer to home... there is a new ParkRun starting in Panshanger Park this Saturday 11th Oct at 9am.

You can find all the details here parkrun.org.uk/panshanger/c... and there is a video of the course here friendsofpanshangerpark.co....

I cannot make it this weekend as I am going away but I intend to do it in future now that I have restarted running after a lazy summer break.

Maybe see some of you there one Saturday?

Chris L

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'll be there :)

• Hi Bradman. Great that someone from the forum will be there. If you do the run this Saturday maybe you could do a quick post to let everyone know how it went & what the terrain is like? I know the park and I think it could be quite tough going...

If you go back on the 18th maybe I will see you.

• Will do - I won't be able to make it on the 18th, but I'm sure I'll see you at another in the future.

• The first Panshanger parkrun went very well this morning.

There were about 300 runners, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to run the course. The route itself was great - trail shoes will be beneficial in winter months and wetter conditions, but weren't essential today.

This isn't a pb course - there's an uphill start, as well as a few narrow stretches, but overall it's lovely. Beautiful scenery; a loop rather than laps; and cows and sheep cheering you on along the way.

Throughly recommended.

I was quite happy with my time - 21:50. Will be looking to beat that next time!

• Great thank you- I live in Hitchin and been looking for a parkrun so very pleased :-)

You may also like...