I felt like a runner today

First run in the rain and quite windy as many of you have also experienced this morning. R1 of W9 went well. Even picked up the pace a bit in the last minute by striding out a little more which made it feel like I was actually running rather than just dragging my sorry self at a snails pace. So, I CAN run for 30 minutes! Who'd have believed it?

Just two more runs to go.......

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic work , especially in this weather! Well done for getting out there & completing Run 1, how exciting, nearly there!!! X

• Thanks MarlyParly. I can't wipe stupid grin of my face this morning!. SB x

• Me - I would have! Nearly there! Wind and rain unexpectedly invigorating this morning ...

• Nearly there!!!!! Yes wind and rain and running in the dark pretty much certainly kept me on my toes. SB x

• All my runs so far have been in pretty good weather. That is going to be a real challenge to get out there when it is wet and windy!! Well done, nearly there now :0)

• Same here Running Knitter. It was quite a challenge at 06:30 this morning. What are we going to do when its frosty/icy/snowy?

• I have a feeling i might cheat occasionally and run on my treadmill!!

• a big jolt to the system going out in the cold & rain, but you've done it now & yes you can run for 30 mins. and you're so close to graduation too. Well done

• Only another hour of running before graduation - yay

• That's because you ARE a runner ! You're nearly there and doing SO well..

• Thanks HenPen. Loving this plan! x

• Fantastic work, almost there!! I havent done a run yet, although I have run in the cold wind. x

You may also like...