Couch to 5K
73,850 members105,767 posts

Wk 1 R1

I said I was going to run today and despite that extra glass of wine that I would have been better without, I ran. Perhaps if I had not put it on here I may have wimped out.

I live in a hill place so decided I would rather go up hill first and then down on the way back. The first few runs were hard but much easier on the way back. So chuffed

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey that fab , well done - feels good to be off the couch hey :)

Thanks it does feel great to get off the couch. I feel like my whole attitude has changed

1 like

Hi Molly, congratulations and welcome to C25K :)

You've taken the biggest step, and started - well done to you, and you deserve to be chuffed!

Take it slow and steady and your progress will amaze you. Keep us posted about how you're getting on :)

1 like

Thanks I will keep posting as this forum seems so supportive

It really is :)

I've just completed week 6, and I've found it very useful.

People who are on the same week as you will egg you on, people who are further on will build your confidence and offer tips and advice, and people who are earlier in the plan will show you how far you've come!

1 like

Well done on getting out there! Leaving the house will get easier each time. Enjoy your journey to 5k and keep us all informed :-)

Well done Molly for getting out there and doing the first run ... that's the really difficult bit out of the way. Now you've got to keep going and keep posting to let us know your progress, else we'll be round to nag you :D

Fantastic work Molly, you did it! well done and congratulations! :)

Well done Molly. The first run is the hardest, from now on it's just practice. Good luck :)

Ooooh hills on your first go. Supa-impressed. :)

Not much choice from here unless I drive and that just seems to increase the likely hood of me not going.

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Think I am going to be sore tomorrow as we have been cutting hedge today and weeding

Brilliant! Keep coming on here. It's a great place for support and reading for inspiration for the tougher days :)

You may also like...