By jove, I think I've done it!

Just completed run 2 of week 9 and looks like I have done 5k (3.125 miles) in 30 mins I was managing between 2.7 and 2.8 miles in week 8 and even did 3 miles one day in 31 mins as I was feeling good and wanted to push it a bit (spare of the moment decision at end of the 28 mins). First run of week 9 I did 2.9 miles in 30 mins and was expecting the same today. However due to the wind on Monday my usual route had a fallen tree so I had to back track and re-route. Didn't think anything of it at the time but when I got home I looked at my GPS watch and saw I had done an extra minute (31 in total) and clocked up 3.32 miles! A quick bit of maths and that equals 3.2 miles in 30 minutes!!!

Shocked? Just a little but so very pleased too, can't wait for my final run so I can graduate and then onto the bridge to 10K. ;-)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done -looks like that 10k well within your reach. Last one and you get your badge :-)

• Well done Sinbad!

BTW - Where is this Bridge210k plan to be found? It is mentioned quite a bit on here...

Cheers

Hoppy

• Thanks for the words of support.

hop_along, I started using the NHS podcats for my runs but didn't like running to music so switched to a smartphone app that beeps at the appropriate times for the rest of the runs. I found this allowed me to concentrate on my breathing pattern (which I struggled with as the running times increased) and running technique which has helped tremendously. The app I used was on Android and called Simple C25K (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.ttys0.simplec25k&hl=en_GB). They have a similar app for 10k so this will probably be my starting point. I think it would be good if Laura did a series of podcasts for the 10K as alot of people would benefit from them, and even though I didn't use the podcats for the whole C25K it made it so much easier to start.

• Hi Sinbad.

Thanks for the background information. I also have an Android phone so I will check this out.

Cheers

Hoppy

• You are doing brilliantly... Well done!!!! Keep running and enjoying it....

• Well done Sinbad. Good for you - see you at GRADUATION!!

• Thanks for all the words of support, Sunday saw my graduation run at just under 3.2 miles in 30 mins so will be applying for my Graduation badge.

:-)

You may also like...