Stamina run completed - felt pretty good today

I used the C25k+ stamina podcast again today and felt pretty smooth. Warm up fine, set off at 6mph for 10 mins, then moved up to 6.5mph for 20 mins and finished off with a burst of 5 mins at 7.5mph. (Breathing like a train at the end but it feels so good when it stops ;-). Feeling really chuffed with myself. I do find myself counting 1,2,3,4 (mostly in my head) along with the beat. Today my breathing seemed to get in step as well - weird.

I know this was really pushing it today for me but I did the speed one 2 days ago and found it really good as well. I plan to take the next one a bit more gently. I think wearing my C25K graduate running vest helped - it arrived yesterday.

Happy Running Thursday all

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! I like the Stepping Stones podcasts and use them all the time. Like you, I count as I find it helps me keep my rythm, breathe, two, three four, sorta thing

Good news about the vest! If you see someone giving you a wierd hand signal it'll be Ullyrunner! LOL

• Thanks misswobble. Do you use any other podcasts?

I'll keep an eye out for Ullyrunner

You may also like...