Curiousity, vanity and an extra 1k!

I felt a bit creaky this morning so decided it was just going to be an 'easy' 5k today ( how I love that I can say that!). A beautiful morning and I am running down my favourite farm track . Now normally I only meet the farmer in his tractor or the occasional dog walker, but what is this I see? It's another runner coming towards me, a young man out running with a dog. We say good morning and pass each other but now I'm intrigued. I thought I was the 'only runner in the village'!

Perhaps he's doing C25K. Perhaps he's seen me running and been inspired! Was he wearing earphones? Is he doing intervals?

It's no good - I decide I have to loop round so I can have a snoop. So I do two sides of a triangle which brings me back face to face with him but by now he is walking. No headphones so probably not C25k - just tired.

Now of course I am facing away from home and can't lose face by turning around so have to continue and end up doing an unplanned extra kilometre for my trouble.

Of course, I should have just stopped and asked him, but that would have been too easy!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Must admit I love to play 'Spot the fellow C25K-er'. I've been out running or walking the dog and seen a runner suddenly slow down to walking pace. I can't help counting the seconds until they start running again! Always happy to give an undergrad a friendly, knowing wave. (or anyone else for that matter).

• lol. Great story but at least it helped increase your total distance for your run ;o)

• Ha ha. I admit I would have done the same

• This is a great example of why men will never understand women! :-)

You may also like...