OMG - I'm A Graduate In The Fine Art Of Running

Well 10 weeks ago I puffed through one minute of running and this morning I completed my final day of 30 minutes. I usually run with a couple of friends but today I was alone. So I drove to a former railway line which is flat and straight to try and get a better idea of pace as I'm surrounded by slopes and hills in my immediate area. I pushed my way through the first half and then told myself 'it's time to go home'; with eight minutes to go I did intervals of 30 second dashes followed by one and a half minute jogs. In the end I ran 4.48km in 30 minutes (Run 2 was 5.54km but there was a long downhill run hence this route to get a better idea of Pace Rate) - I really wanted to hit 5k so I was disappointed but I couldn't have run any faster except if it were downhill. I've astounded myself and I can't believe that I still want to run and just get better and better. The plan now is to mix it up with hill training and interval training so that I can compete in a 5k in September - can't believe I've just said that!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whoop whoop! Congratulations! It's amazing what we can achieve! :-)

• So pleased for you Massive congratulations

• Well done ! Great post, Congratulations, don't forget to ask for your well deserved badge ! xxx

• Wow great distance for 30 mins I was nowhere near that on graduation! Well done and keep your goal in sight now for September although it sounds to me like you could go a steady pace and do 5k quite easily. Many congrats.

• Well done - I think many of us can't believe what we are doing & saying as a result of this amazing programme.

• Congratulations! Remember to get your badge! :-)

• go get that lovely shiny badge !

• I'm going to buy the real badge as well!!! I went onto the same graduation badge post as grannyjudes (congrats to you by the way!) but noticed others - am I being stupid here but I don't understand why there seem to be several different sources?!

• Well done you runner you

• Brilliant! Well done!! :)

• Fantastic! Very well done :)

• Do you know what - what a lovely community this is - everyone is so pleased for everyone else. Makes you proud.

• Congratulations and a massive well done :)

• Congratulations, that badge looks great on you

• Fantastic, well done you! Enjoy your running x

• Congratulations! I hope you feel proud of yourself! Now the running adventures begin...

• Excellent news indeed! A hearty congratulations, and here's to a long (and not too hot) summer of running.

Come the Autumn, you should be able to start your B210K, or what ever they call it.

• Well I can't wipe the smile off my face this morning because I am so proud of myself and all of these congratulations has made me realise the enormity of my achievement. With regards to 10K - yeah right! But didn't I say that when the 5k app said 'jog 20 minutes' and I thought that the app had been corrupted!

• Congratulations! Way to go.

You may also like...