And I'm a graduate!!!

run 3 of week 9 was around a local lake at 6pm this evening. I can't quite believe it.

It's taken me less than 9 weeks (started on 8 August). I started off doing it by calendar week but when I realised that it was going to start getting dark I switched to every other day without having two days of at one point during the week.

To anyone just starting or struggling, it IS possible. I am a very overweight 40 year old (I've lost almost 4 stone since May but have 4 more to go), I did everything I could to get out of running at school and have avoided exercise ever since. But I can now run for 30 mins.

I can't do 5k yet - I manage just over 3k in 30 mins, but I'll work on my speed. Being 5'1" with very short legs it is a problem!! But ... I CAN RUN FOR 30 MINUTES!!!!

:)

38 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Absolutely fantastic - congratulations! You should feel very proud of yourself!

I run at about your pace, i completed run 2 of week 8 today. You are right, we can and will work on our speed :)

Congrats again, fabulous achievement!

• Thank you. I WILL get faster, it will just take time!

• Brilliant stuff WillowFae and congratulations on your graduation.Job well done!!

• Congratulations to you! You should be very proud of how far you have came!!! Your graduation run sounds like a perfect spot! Looking forward to seeing your shiny grad badge! Also, Congrats on weight loss!!!

• Thank you - my badge seems to have arrived :)

• Congratulations, WillowFae! Onwards and upwards (and downwards with your weight!)

• Thanks. Yes, here's hoping the weight continues to go downwards!

• Well Done. That's a fantastic acheivement.

• Thank you :)

• Well done you, amazing achievement isn't it and such a great feeling, welcome to the club :-D

Just think a few months ago you struggled to run 60 seconds, now look at you, 30 minutes straight. Now that's an achievement!!!

Well done

James :-)

• Thanks. Yes it is quite amazing! :)

• Good for you!! Congratulations on your graduation!

• Woohoo!! Fantastic job!! You are absolutely right...it IS possible and you just proved it!! Congratulations on your badge and on your improved health and lifestyle!!

• Thank you. I'm telling everyone I know how amazing and achievable this programme is :)

• Brilliant! Isn't it amazing now thinking back to how W1R1 was just SO HARD - what a long way we travel in nine weeks - or even less!

Give yourself a pat on the back!

...interesting thought... how far do we all go during the complete programme... don't expect anyone's ever measured :-)

• Thanks. I can easily work it out as I track all my distances on endomondo

• Excellent job WillowFae, really inspirational. I'm in week 7 and also a slow runner but like you, I'm not worried about the pace I just want to get to 30 minutes and then I can worry about pace.

• Thank you. I have time to work on my pace now. The main thing is I got to the end :)

• Brilliant Willowfae! Congratulations on your achievements, both the running and weightloss, you must feel fantastic!

• What a wonderful achievement, Willowfae! Inspirational! Imagine what you can do in the next 9 weeks!

• Thanks. I'm just hoping I can keep my motivation going!

• Congratulations! What an achievement!

• Congratulations Willowfae. You deserve to be very proud of yourself. Happy continued running :-)

• Big congrats to you Willowfae thats a brilliant achievement and look at your shiny green badge!! Well done!

• Thank you. I was excited to see my shiny badge :)

• Well done to you , I've just got my badge this week as well. Lets go get our T-shirts now !

• Thanks and well done to you too! I do want to get a t-shirt but want to wait till I've lost more weight.

• Very many congratulations!

• fantastic news, congratulations.

• Congratulations! I look forward to being a graduate at some point in the future!

• Woohoooo! Winner all the way!

• ....and running 30 mins is graduation, a major achievement and life turnaround! Congratulations, Willowfae, especially as you zoomed through it so quickly. I am the same as you, I haven't run 5k yet, but we're still fully paid-up graduates of C25k! Enjoy the glory!

You may also like...