wk7 run3 completed

First and third run ok, went too fast and tired myself out quickly on the second run. I appear to have picked up a niggling injury, not painful but uncomfortable. It is in my left calf and it feels like a big area of pressure especially when I stretch the front of my thighs out, where you hold your foot up behind your bum and hold it. Can run ok but this pressure has been there since I fell just over a week ago. Still have bruises and tender knees from the fall too, I am keen to crack on with wk8 as I feel I am going to able to do it albeit relatively slowly, I hope this injury isn't going to impede my progress as I was hoping to graduate before I go on holiday in three weeks time. Any ideas or suggestions?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've got stiff calves at the moment and I've not had them before. Make sure you take your rest day and you might like to do a bit of yoga to stretch the yours calfs out a bit. I've been doing post run stretching as well. I think it's our bodies protesting at having to do more than they're used to.

• Your calf might just be tender after your fall, in which case time will heal it. But if it's just tight, then stretching and a foam roller will work wonders. If your purse (and body!) can take it, a sports massage is brilliant for loosening really tight muscles. Good luck!

You may also like...