Graduate- walks on water!

Graduate- walks on water!

Hello everyone!

I did my last run last night! I've been finding Week 9 not to much of a struggle and I've recently invested in a Garmin GPS Watch. I was aiming to hit 5 k in 30 minutes. I had a brilliant, speedy run, and when I finished I was convinced I'd made it.

Then I went home, plugged in my watch and found this....

My Garmin had mapped my running straight across a lake! Not only that it had cut off a corner of my run meaning my logged run was much shorter than in real life! Last night I was furious! But I have now come to see the funny side and thought you might too :D

I have contacted Garmin support however, I'd rather not become a regular water-runner.

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well, I think graduates of this programme just about do walk on water! Congratulations. Don't forget to ask for your shiny graduate badge!

• Hehe! I did think finishing Week 9 was fairly miraculous but not to this extent!

I have just requested my badge and will be wearing it with pride.

• Haha, I share your pain! When I checked my route, it had me , briefly, running down a road that I never go down! Also, when I dropped my armband and had to go back to fetch it, that wasn't logged. Even so, you have done brilliantly, so give yourself a big pat on the back! :)

• Oh technology- such a love hate relationship we have with it! And thank you, I was pleased with myself, then disappointed, and I'm working my way back to pleased!

• That's so funny, but SO frustrating too !! You oviously zipped around the corner too fast between GPS fixes and it has extrapolated from your last known point. Lets face it you did a great run, you know you did, s.d the technology !!

• Ha, too fast for those satellites! And thanks, I do know, and I'm sure I'll do it again.

• Congratulation on your graduation -a great achievement. Are you absolutely sure you didn't walk on that water?

• Ha thank you! The swans keep it fairly well guarded but you never know what might have happened- I was 'in the zone'.

• Hiya, I hadn't before, but I have now. Sadly there is no change. I know what you mean about the maps getting sketchy if you zoom in too much but this looks the same irrelevant of how near/ far I go :( I'm hoping the Garmin team can shed some light on what's gone wrong and if it will happen again.

• My Endomondo isn't finding the gps signals either lately, it gets frustrating when you get home and find out half or all of you run was not counted.

• So very annoying, especially when you have specific goals.

• This happened to me with map my run once which is why I moved to runkeeper. It suddenly did a crazy zig zag thing and told me I'd run about 4 times further than I had. I was so furious as I was on a good time prior to the problem that my phone went flying across the room. Once calm I did see the funny side but the 2 km per minute it credited me with messed up a tonne of my stats.

• PS my badge has gone! perhaps they know I've not been out much recently....

• That's priceless. Anyway, well done!

• Looks as if you are triathlon material!! Well done and hard luck. It would have been nice to have your triumph accurately recorded.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Ha Triathlon material indeed! I've come to the slow realisation that if I ran like this once I'll do so again, it was just at the time this one felt like a special achievement.

• I had a reply from Garmin. Apparently the software on my watch was outdated and they helped me to update. I bought the watch off e-bay and the last owner must not have updated it. Hopefully there will be no more walking on water for a while :)

You may also like...