Didn't realise I was haggling!

Didn't realise I was haggling!

Stopped off at our local running shop to see if they could provide some support for my inward-leaning feet (pronating or something). They sold me my first proper running trainers a couple of months ago but I have noticed I am still leaning inside.

£40 later I spot the Forerunner 10. I have been humming and hahhing about buying one - just to keep me motivated. £100 quid the fine fellow says. I said I would leave it because hubby works at Tesco and I can get one for £80 with his discount. Well I can do £79.99. Wow, I didn't realise I was bargaining.

£119.99 lighter I walk out of the shop. Now to get it to work.

Last edited by

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ooh, let us know how you get on with that. It looks lovely :)

• would love to know the pros and cons of this beauty

• Amazing what they can take off the price when they need to! Enjoy your Garmin. Best wishes.

• I have one of these and the only issue I have with it is that it takes ages to load up and fine my location. my advice will be to search location a good few minutes before your run.

• Love it!!!!

Have you tried them (both) out yet?

• Good for you! Well done on nabbing a bargain! I have the Forerunner 10 and I use it for every run now. It's easy to use, it comes with instructions. There are some questions posted about it on here too. I know there are as I posted one! LOL

If yours is slow to find a signal Spiritualencounter then stand still for a minute or so and it will find you. It makes it harder for it when you're moving, apparently

• Good to get a bargain. I got one after I graduated and I love it. You will find it easy to use but I haven't tried connecting to the Garmin site yet. Enjoy your next run.

• Thanks all. I will let you know how I get on after tomorrow's run.

You may also like...